Experimental Research Design – Definition,Types & Uses
What is Experimental Research Design?
It is a type of research where one variable of the study is manipulated. Researchers generally uses experimental research design for performing such type of investigation. The test which scienti
st perform at the laboratory is basically scientific research. Careful measurement is quite important in relation to performing such type of scientific experiments. By facilitating such type of investigation you can have complete control over variables.
In addition, experimental research design enables you to develop an understanding of the relationship between cause and effect. Experimental research is basically a type of research where you can test hypothesis in a scientific manner.
The main objective of experimental research design is to study the relationship between different variables. One biggest advantage of experimental research is that it allows you to have the highest level of control. The level of detail in research and validity of outcome is completely dependent on variations in independent variables.
The internal validity of results is completely dependent on an individual judgment about independent versus repeated measures design, experimental control, and randomization. Scientific research helps you in developing an understanding of the relationship between cause and effect.
Uses of experimental research
Importance of Experiment research
Experimental research design has great significance for society, as it helps in bringing positive changes in the lives of people.
What are the different types of experimental study designs?
The different types of experimental research design are:
- Pre experimental: it is basically an extent up to which you assign subjects to different groups or situations by the investigator. In experimental research design you need to follow normal scientific procedures. By applying the pre-experimental design you can easily perform an investigation on a single group. For example, an investigation which you are performing with the intention of identifying the need for implementation of social welfare policy.
- Quasi-experimental: It is a type of experimental research where independent variables are manipulated. This type of investigation includes choosing people without performing pre-selection procedure for testing variables. You need to align Quasi-experimental research designs with case studies so that you can easily perform statistical analysis . (if you have still issue in performing statistical analysis that you can seek professional help by clicking on a link)
For example: You want to perform experiment on pregnant mother in order to analyse the influence of drinking alcohol on embryos.
- True experimental: this is basically one of the correct types of experimental study design. As researcher has apply statistical analysis technique for supporting or rejecting the hypothesis. Experimental research design helps in developing understanding about relationship between cause and effect.
When experimental study is performed?
You can perform such type of research mainly in three situations these are:
- In such a case when time is one of the important factors.
- Stable attitude or relationship between cause and effect.
- The importance of cause and effect completely relies on desirability.