What is Experimental Research Design?
It is a type of research where one variable of the study is manipulated. Scientific approaches are mainly utilized for performing such type of investigation. The test performed at the laboratory is basically scientific research. Careful measurement is quite important in relation to performing such type of scientific experiments. By facilitating such type of investigation you can have complete control over variables.
In addition, experimental research enables you to develop an understanding of the relationship between cause and effect. Experimental research can also be considered to be a type of investigation where the hypothesis is being tested in a scientific manner.
The main objective of experimental research is to study the relationship between different variables. One biggest advantage of experimental research is that it allows you to have the highest level of control. The level of detail in research and validity of outcome is completely based on variations in independent variables.
The internal validity of results is completely based on an individual judgment about independent versus repeated measures design, experimental control, and randomization. Scientific research helps you in developing an understanding of the relationship between cause and effect.
Uses of experimental research
Experimental research is performed for predicting the situation. It is the type of research design that will help you in reaching to a conclusion.
Importance of Experiment research
Experimental research has great significance for society, as it helps in bringing positive changes in the lives of people.
What are the different types of experimental research designs?
The different types of experimental research design are:
- Pre experimental: it is basically an extent up to which subjects are assigned to different groups or situations by the investigator. In this type of research, you are required to follow normal scientific procedures. By applying the pre-experimental design you can easily perform an investigation on a single group. For example, an investigation performed with the intention of identifying the need for implementation of social welfare policy.
- Quasi-experimental: It is a type of experimental research where independent variables are manipulated. This type of investigation includes choosing people without performing pre-selection procedure for testing variables. Quasi-experimental research designs are generally aligned with case studies so that statistical analysis can be easily performed.
For example: You want to perform experiment on pregnant mother in order to annals the influence of drinking alcohol on embryos.
- True experimental: this is basically one of the most correct types of experimental research design as a statistical analysis technique is applied for supporting or rejecting the hypothesis, Such kind of experimental research design enables you to develop an understanding of the relationship between cause and effect.
When experimental research is performed?
Such type of investigation is performed mainly in three situations these are:
- In such a case when time is one of the important factors.
- Stable attitude or relationship between cause and effect.
- The importance of cause and effect completely relies on desirability.