Five Minutes Presentation – PPT Topic Ideas for College Students
Small presentations though appear very easy but when it comes to prepare then and present in front of the audience they are a bit challenging. Every detail needs to be included in minimum time and words without skipping the gist of the presentation in such a five minutes ppt. Following a proper guideline to make such a presentation with keen attention and presenting them in a subtle arranged manner is very crucial.
That is why one should be very much careful for such a presentation especially when they are being prepared for a job interview or college-level presentation. Here are some ideas that will teach you about the art of five minutes presentation that should be in your mind while presenting a topic. Follow these guidelines and suggestions to make your own presentation influential in the minimum time limit given to you for presenting your ideas on a given topic.
What is an excellent PowerPoint presentation?
A short presentation on PowerPoint is written to give your view and ideas on a topic, business investment, or plan. A company manager can give such a presentation to employees in order to make them clear of the business goals. These presentations can be written by doing a lot of research on the topic of the presentation and then extracting its real meaning.
An excellent PowerPoint presentation always consists of creative thoughts. So for making a good PowerPoint presentation, we need creative thoughts presented in a manner that can attract audience attention. A PowerPoint presentation has many key features, which are vital to be remembered and applied while making an impressive PowerPoint presentation. These are
- It should be prepared in a manner that always attracts the attention of viewers
- The presentation must keep the viewers occupied in such a manner that excellent communication can be established with the spectator.
- It should be viewed and controlled in a manner that the viewers keep occupied with the topic and have some questions in mind which the presenter resolves at last.
An impressive PowerPoint presentation has limited but effective information. There is no need to put a large amount of information in a single slide as this might distract the viewer. The presentation can be made impressive by applying well-controlled slides in a suitable manner. Slides must contain limited but quality information. Students need to prepare an impressive PowerPoint presentation in their college or university which holds a tremendous amount of their marks.
Why prepare five minutes presentation?
The five minutes presentations are best to catch the attention of the audience to present your viewpoints in an effective way. People usually do not get bored with these short presentations. Preparing for this presentation will also help you to gain the skills for precise things or keep your point in minimum words. If you will not be creating five minutes presentation and rather make long boring presentations people will lose interest in them. Short topics usually do not have much to speak about and under such a state, the use of these small presentations is very effective.
Before developing an understanding of how to make a PowerPoint presentation more meaningful, you should first understand things that you should know before writing a presentation.
Simple and interesting five minutes of presentation topics ideas
The topic of a five-minute ppt. play a very crucial role as one can do the best research on the topic which is interesting and relevant as well. That is why it is crucial to come up with a relevant topic for short presentations at various platforms.
A free list of short ppt. topics are given here by the experts that will help you to find out the topic of your interest for your five-minute presentation.
I) Best topics for five minutes powerpoint presentation on Health
- Why blood circulation is important for a human body on a daily basis which can be promoted through regular Walk?
- Role of regular health checkups in detecting cancer in the first of primary stage only.
- How the curds boost immunity in human being when taken regularly in diet?
- Why the balance of Carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids should be maintained in the diet of the human being.
- The role of meditation and exercise in the health of human being in the middle age.
- Why it is crucial to drink only healthy and pure water, how contaminated water can harm us?
- How AIDS and Cancer both are becoming a challenge for the scientist to tackle with?
- What can happen to a person who is relying on the Carbohydrates for a long period of time and avoiding lipids in the diet?
- Do regular exercise boost our stamina to do more work than before and if yes then why?
- Type of research that is going on in the field of oncology and how it can save us from cancer?
II) Free and interesting ppt. topics on Education for five minutes presentation
- How the education sector is setting inequalities among different genders based on social taboos?
- Why women are considered not worthy to receive education in most of the poor nations of the world?
- Types of education that should be given in the higher educational institutions of the world.
- Why a good education system should inculcate equality among women and men and how it can be done?
- What are the major reasons behind the failure of basic education to poor children in developing nations?
- What could be done to beat the issue of education for differently-abled students in regular inclusive school?
- How the government is supporting the women education with the help of international law and justice system?
- What type of infrastructure is required in inclusive education school system along with experienced tutors?
- How social taboos affect the mind of students on social grounds which affect their education?
- Should continue supporting old traditions which are not in favor of half of the people in society?
- How ethics and moral values in education sometimes become against the law of nature for a human being?
III) Five minutes of presentation topics on Science for high school and college student
- Why we should always keep the windows of our room open when the room heater is on the inside?
- How carbon dioxide can take our life if we are subjected to it for a long period of time with zero oxygen supply.
- Is it possible to produce electricity from fruits, if yes then why and how?
- What are the main examples that we can see as a consequence of inertia in daily life?
- Why life on another planet is not easy for a human being like on Mars.
- Why chemical reactions take place fast in the presence of a catalyst and not without it?
- What are the different types of catalysts that help in the completion of the reactions in chemistry?
- Why we cannot combine hydrogen and oxygen to make water with the help of a suitable catalyst.
- How the biological process of oxygen and other gaseous exchange takes place between the lungs and blood of the human body?
- What are the reasons that a backbone of the human body break down in the end while the person is dying?
- How the hydraulic lift theory of science is useful for the principle of various hydraulic breaks installed in the vehicles?
IV) Small presentation topics on Psychology
- Why psychology plays a significant role in every field of life for a human being?
- How the social behavior of a person can be related to psychological development throughout the different stages of life?
- What are the various stages of development for a child according to psychology?
- Why we should take the help of clinical psychology in case a person is dealing with depression and anxiety?
- How the social relations of a person and drug addiction are a psychological issue in humans?
- Why depression is always related to the teenager people group more than any other age group?
- What are the poor consequences of depression in human beings and what could be done for it?
- How the people dealing with the ADHD disorder are prone to psychological problems from childhood?
- Why we should relate our development to our social behavior and both are co-related to each other.
- Can we bring changes in the society about the perception of gender inequality by bringing change through psychology?
- Why human being is always targeted by the psychological upliftments throughout his or her life.
V) Best creative presentation topics on Economics for short presentations
- Why supply and demand theory is the most crucial force for the market price of products?
- How we can strive in business towards success by studying the cultural values of a culture?
- What are the different aspects that affect the economy of a country during the time of cold war?
- How cold trade war is dangerous for both the countries involved in it as they give benefits is taken by the third nation in this war?
- What are the major consequences of dumping on the domestic market of the nation and why anti-tariff rule for dumping are accepted?
- Why one should not keep cash in his wallet in a heavy amount to help the economy to grow to a great level?
- What could be done to reduce the level or count of non- performing assets of a country by the government?
- What are the major government assets that need to be subjected to the privatization in order to enhance the growth in-country?
- How the impact on the natural resources of a country can be seen with the development of the industrial sector to a huge account?
- What could be done to deal with the financial crises in the country dealing for a long period of time?
VI) Short presentation topics on Business management
- How business management can be done by maintaining the manufacturing and marketing units?
- Why online business is doing best in the market these days when it is compared to the manual traditional business?
- What is the significance of doing consumer behavior analysis for a business and how it helps in business growth?
- Things that should be taken seriously for the marketization of the products once they are prepared.
- How the international business is becoming easier for people these days with the coming of digital marketing and online business websites?
- Can we say that the business hubs are going to shut in the future couple of decades because of the online business?
- How the economic theory of demand and supply destroys other market forces working very easily.
- Can we say that business marketing is becoming easier with the help of online business management?
- Role of the human resources of a company to contribute to business management and marketing.
- Why it is important to bring changes in a business product with time in order to lure the customers?
VII) Free and new topics for a short presentation on Sports
- Why women are asked to play the games that are easier than the games assigned for the men in a patriarchal society?
- Can we set an example of equality among men and women when it comes to sports to given an example to society?
- How discrimination against the women in the field of sports is still active and what could be done to remove it?
- What types of international laws are working against the discrimination of women that keep them active in games like wrestling and basketball?
- How colonization made cricket popular among the various nations of the world and what could be done for its maintenance for centuries?
- How sports teach us to stay in discipline and remain composed even after facing the failures in life in a row.
- What could be done to make sports as a crucial part of the study as most of the people still consider it not worth playing and made up for people who are not intelligent?
- Can we say that sports and education both are different arenas of life or should we say they both go hand in hand?
- Is it fair to interfere in sports by the political authorities to take decision-related to a given game?
VIII) Topics on Biochemistry for short five minutes presentation
- How biotechnology is helpful in bringing the enhanced crop yield every year for the farmers of the world?
- Is it possible for the biotechnology to fulfill the need for grains for the growing population in the coming few decades?
- How plant tissue culture is useful in science in different ways for society?
- How the DNA gene cloning can help in the future to change the DNA of a person to enhance the intelligence?
- Why the artificial intelligence is working in biotechnology very advance in its level and what could be expected from it?
- Can we say that artificial intelligence is going to engulf the jobs of the people in the coming few decades only?
- What are the consequences of biochemistry that leads to harmful situations for human and animals as well?
- Can we check mutations caused by the natural and manmade environment with the help of gene cloning?
IX) New presentation topics ideas for Media and press
- Why it is important to give freedom to press in a given nation?
- What are the major significances that can be grabbed from the freedom of the press in a growing economy?
- Can we say that the media plays a crucial role in the advertisement of a nation and its development on a global scale?
- Why people having trouble with the freedom of media and is it true that media and press misuse their power of freedom?
- What should be the punishment criteria for a reporter who is putting wrong and fake allegations on an innocent person?
- Why one should be very much careful about his or her right and is it possible with the help of media?
- How media play a significant role in bringing the investors and financiers at the domestic level of a country?
- What is the significance of media in the life of human being who belongs to the normal strata of a country?
X) List of funny and humorous speech topics for oral presentation
- Why you should never take on a food challenge
- In order to become old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.
- Life should come with background music.
- The most dangerous animal out there is a silent woman.
Things to know before writing a presentation
You need to write a presentation in proper order, structure, and pattern as well. There are students who do not have any idea about preparing a presentation and end up creating a mess in the name of the presentation. Have a look at the crucial points that your presentation should include.
- Keep your presentation to the point and do not use the background colors that make it tough to read the text.
- Vocabulary should be simple and easy to understand in your presentation.
- Try to give weight to your presentation by adding examples and stats.
- Make it engaging by involving your audience in the presentation.
How to make five minutes of PowerPoint presentation meaningful for college assignments?
Here are some important suggestions and tips that will help you to write or prepare your short presentation artfully. Follow these suggestions if you want to prepare a unique and best short presentation. This is because if you are not presenting your presentation in a good way it can ruin your hard work used for preparing it. Whether you are preparing five minutes presentation on social media or health following tips will help you out for each one of them.
A) Do research on your audience
The primary thing that you cannot ignore while preparing a short presentation is the place where you are going to present it. You must keep a basic idea about your audience like if you are going to present it in front of the business delegation then use formal language. Doing research on the topic of the presentation is always fruitful to the person preparing his presentation for good. The target audience is very important to know in order to make the presentation meaningful in every way.
B) Understand the topic and extract its gist
Try to make sure that you are having the idea of the central crux of the topic for which you are making a presentation. You cannot prepare a good presentation if your motif is not known to you behind the presentation. Good research on the presentation topic is very crucial before preparing any slide for it. If you are not able to understand the topic then read some professional content about it. It will assist you to understand the topic in the best way to write your presentation with new points. If you have no clear cut idea about your topic it will not help you out to present your perspective in the best way.
C) Follow the template of ppt
There is a proper template for every presentation and one should be aware of such templates. Preparing a presentation in an improper template always gives a signal of poor presentation. There are multiple templates for presentations based on the length and time given to the present. So you should manage to know about the template of your short PowerPoint presentation.
D) Start with eye-catchy opening
Make sure that the opening lines of the presentation are strong enough to influence your audience. If you are starting your presentation with weak and bore points people will not find it interesting anymore. That is why always manage some interesting lines or quotations that can snatch the attention of the audience in the beginning. Opening of an essay, thesis, or presentation matters a lot as it always holds the interest of the audience to great account.
E)Talk about a single point or aspect
You must stick to a single aspect or point of the presentation without plunging into different points. One cannot finish so many aspects of the same topic in five minutes so do not try to mess up with everything. Just pick a point and stick to it to make your presentation relevant for the place.
F) Stick to the highlighted idea
If you are trying to keep your presentation as short as possible without skipping the main ideas then extract the highlights of the topic only. Do not bother about details in such short presentations. It will keep your main points of the presentation as a priority without any chance of skipping them from the presentation.
G) Make your slides in proper order
While preparing your 5 minutes ppt. presentation topics you have to take care of the order of the presentation. If you are writing the solution first and then question it will create a mess. Try to keep the order of the points in such a way that they appear natural in a flow. If you need to add extra slides in the presentation just go for it and explain your presentation at a glance rather than going point by point.
H) Add some footer notes in the slides
If your presentation includes some terms in the main slides do add some footnotes in the slides to clear the terms for your audience. This is how you can make it easy to understand and clear as well. Keep these notes shorts and easy to understand for the people having no idea about the terms.
I) The background color and text should contrast well
Talking about the color and presentation the text color should be best in contrast to the background. If you are using a light background color then the text should be dark and vice- versa. This will help people to read your presentation easily without putting stress on their eyes. When you will be using the light background and the same text color it will create tension to read and thus people will lose interest in your presentation.
J) Use pie charts, flow diagrams, and figures
If your presentation is about business, economics, and finance then you can add some statistical figures in it as well. For example pie charts, flow diagrams and figures give good weight to your presentation. Apart from its five minutes presentation on finance, history and even science can also include these figures. The figures not only explain the things in-depth and better way but at the same time create an engaging presentation for the people as well.
K) Do not use complex terms
If you want to keep your presentation simple, easy, and understandable to the audience avoid using hard terminology. It is going to complicate the thing for explanations. Keep it unique, relevant, interesting, and simple to attract the attention of the people for your presentation. Simple vocabulary is always good to create the best impression in front of the audience and that is why most of the professionals are using the method for their presentation of a small duration for all platforms.
L) Keep it short and easy to grab
Also, try not to stretch the content of the topic in the presentation to make it long and boring. Just talk about the main points in short presentations so that one can grab the overall conclusion of the presentation. There is no use of writing long and long points in every slide. Just write its gist and get away from it. This is because if you will not keep it simple and easy the people will lose interest in it.
How to present a short PowerPoint presentation creatively
Once you prepare your presentation it is also important to have the art of presenting it in five minutes. People find it easy to prepare a good five minutes presentations but fail to present them in the best way in front of the audience. So follow the following tips and suggestions that will help you to know the art of five minutes’ presentation. You will be able to hold the interest of the audience to a great account without any issue.
I) Set a goal for every single minute
While presenting your presentation make sure that you are keeping every single minute in your mind. Do not go out of your plan and speak about the crucial things at its early. The short presentations usually appear tough for the people as they have to cover everything in the minimum time period. So divide your presentation in four to five slides and give a single minute to every slide. Avoid reading the same content for your audience and just elaborate on the main gist of the slide. That is how time can be managed easily by the person presenting a short presentation in the best way.
II) Talk about the important points quickly in the beginning
If your presentation is a bit longer than expected then give a short summary of the presentation in the beginning. You can include all the main highlights of the presentation in this beginning. So that if you are skipping some slides in the later moment from your presentation if you cannot miss those important points. This is the best way to give a presentation. Thus you can turn your presentation relevant for your audience by putting your perspective in the best way.
II)Circulate handouts of your presentation to the audience
If you want to save your five minutes presentation time it is important that you are circulating your presentation handouts among the audience. It will save time to read out the line by line slides and thus can save time easily.
III) Do not rush into a hurry for finishing the presentation
Sometimes it so happens that people rush in a hurry to present their ideas in front of the audience within the given time. As a result of which they end up doing mess in the name of the presentation. It is crucial that you move in a smooth way by clearing every point in-depth for your presentation and that is too by keeping the time in mind. The absolute balance should be maintained for giving the presentation without missing the point of the topic which is crucial to speak about.
IV) Do practice in front of your friends
The best option for giving a good presentation is to speak in front of your friends before giving the presentation to the actual audience. Rehearse for several times before you appear for the final submission of your presentation. That is how you can make it possible to present your five minutes presentation worth listening by the people an informal platform.
V) Be calm and present you in the best way
Do not get hectic when you are presenting your presentation just have a sigh of relief and appear in the best state of mind. As a result of which audience sense the lack of confidence in the person giving a presentation which creates a boring expression in them. So make sure that you are in a good state to present your presentation in front of the people. Try not to fumble in front of your audience to put a strong impression and make them believe in the presentation.
5-minutes presentation samples
Example 1: A five-minute presentation on Animal cruelty by Biotechnology
short presentation example for students
Here are a few examples of short presentations that students can prepare on various topics and subjects. Have a look at them below to learn to write a good presentation.
Slide 1: Introduction
- Biotechnology can be related to the experiments on animals for testing a given medicine or experiment in the lab.
- This enhances the rate of death among animals, especially in critically endangered species.
Slide 2: Impact
- The cruelty to animals by biotechnology gives rise to their extinction.
- The natural calamities are taking place every year due to rising disturbance in ecological imbalance.
- The international conventions are making animal’s rights.
- The awareness and hard punishments on killing animals worldwide.
Example 2: A short presentation on games for men and women
Slide 1: Background
- Men and women have different gender roles in sports as well.
- Women play light games that are mostly tennis, badminton.
- Men according to society should play cricket, football, and wrestling as well.
Slide 2: Results and consequences
- People think that women are inferior to men in games as well.
- This leads to a poor structure where patriarchy words.
- Most of the women get rebellious to the inequality and thus anarchy in the society and country.
Slide 3: Solutions
- Various laws framed to support women’s equality in sports to that of men by international authorities.
- Women have an interest in playing games.
Example 3: Free presentation on gender role and society
Slide 1: Introduction
- People think women are weak and fragile than men by developing societies.
- Some women are at home caring for their wards than working out of home out of their gender roles.
Slide 2: Effect
- Women remain in the subjugation of men and fail to grab their natural rights even.
- Rise in the number of rape cases and other crimes against women in poor economies of the world.
- A tense atmosphere between men and women which do not let both of them work properly.
Slide 3: Aftermath: solutions and improvement
- Most of the women are working out of their homes in many nations and this is a slap on society.
- Several international platforms are emerging to sort out women’s issues with their inequality in society.
Example 4: The best example of the short business presentation
Slide 1: Introduction and background of the business plan
- This plan will focus on the development of marketing strategies.
- The digital marketing and supply and demand will be considered as the most crucial pillars of the plan.
- The goal is to achieve success in business by reaching customers and providing them the product of their choice.
Slide 2: The process to chase the plan
- Certain experts in digital marketing companies will hire.
- The plans of business rivals need to analyze how they chased success more than us.
Slide 3: Conclusion
- In the coming year, we will be the leading firm in this sector.
- It will help us to establish in the market like professionals.
- The popularity and recognization of our brand name will increase.
- We can earn a good profit to enhance our business and quality lifestyle of the employees as well.
Various platforms where you can present a short PowerPoint presentation
Nowadays five minutes of presentations are prevalent in most of the platforms like business presentations, college and school presentations, various business proposals, and political meetings and in the education system as well. These kinds of presentations are popular owing to the reason that multiple views can be obtained on a single topic from people in minimum time.
An important tip to make a good PowerPoint presentation for college
AN IMPRESSIVE THEME FOR PPT CREATION IS A MUST
Theme-suitable fonts, colors, and graphics effects which keep the viewer occupied and do not distract them. In order to make impressive PowerPoint presentations, students can also use some video or audio, which is relevant to their presentation topic. A short video or audio is very effective in making a fast and healthy relationship with the audience. The audio-video format messages attract more audiences, save slides space, and explain everything that the presenter wants to say to the audience very clearly. You can use Graphics and animations for making the presentation more effective and draw the viewer’s attention on a specific element very easily.
Now you may have a question what should be word count for a five-minute presentation?
5 minutes presentation: How many words?
Although pacing varies, a 5-minute speech is roughly 750 words. According to one of the publications a person can speak about 125-1850 words per minute.
Students also have questions How many slides 3 minutes of presentations for college should contain? so here is the answer you should keep to one slide for every three minutes.
How to select a topic for a short ppt. presentation
Selecting a good five minutes presentation topics list is as important as writing a good presentation. One should be well aware of one’s interests so that they can select a good topic according to the inclination of the person. Selecting a presentation topic should also be based on the availability of online resources on the topic
Significance of 5 minutes presentation topics
Like said earlier as well, short presentations are easy to hold the attention of the audience with high concentration. As a result of which one can explain his ideas and points like in a persuasive speech. When it comes to long presentations people often find them irrelevant and boring except in few serious long presentations related to terrorism and economy. At the same time, it is easier to prepare five minutes of PowerPoint presentation than a long ppt. That is why we can say that short presentations are always useful in the majority of the cases rather than making them long unusually.
Get the best help from professionals of Students Assignment Help in preparing five minutes presentation
Students Assignment Help experts are helping students in preparing their presentations for college and universities. Our professionals will help you in preparing the best PowerPoint presentation. Also, the cost of making the presentation is very low.
The PowerPoint presentation can be prepared with proper editing and proofreading by the experts. We also offer custom presentation making services to the students for school, college, or for an interview as well. Even if someone needs emergency help in writing or making their presentation then it can also be possible with the help of Students Assignment Help. Several five minutes presentation samples are available on StudentsAssignmentHelp.com as well.