Writing a business plan is very crucial for all types of businesses whether it is a start-up or established business. The writer is always supposed to follow a pet structure and format for writing a professional business plan for a business. There are multiple parts of a business plan that should be approached like a pro while writing it. The tips for writing a good business plan are given here by the experienced experts below. You can follow this free guide to write your business plan like a professional easily.
What is a business plan?
Most of the people are unaware of the fact that what is a business plan in actual. Well, a business plan is a set of strategies that are prepared by keeping the existing and future vision of a business in mind. The main motive for writing a business plan is to set the goals and motifs for a given business in the next year or for that matter for a decade as well. It is just like a footprint that the company follows to achieve success. A business plan is written by doing research and analysis on the present resources of the company, ideas for maximum use of resources to generate profit and attracting customers by analyzing market opportunities. The major gulfs that reduce the chance of success are also considered in the business plan.
Importance of writing a business plan
Those who are thinking about why to write a business plan should have a clear idea about its significance. A business plan keeps the businessman focused on his goals and guide throughout to achieve that goal easily in proper order. When you have a business plan you can follow a set guideline for doing work towards accomplishments. At the same time, it also helps you to see the drawbacks and weaknesses that are working on a negative side for your business. When it comes to generating funding for your business it becomes crucial to illustrate your business ideas to the sponsor is the most appealing way. Under such a state, a business plan can help you to present yourself in a sophisticated manner.
The Template or Outline of a Business Plan
The outline of a business plan is very important to keep the person-focused and oriented towards preparing it in the best manner. When you will segregate your business plan in various parts it becomes easy to explore the minute details associated with every part of the business plan in an authentic way. Those who write one part at a point and then begin with the other one simultaneously cause clumsiness in their business strategies which are hard to understand for everyone. A business plan should be prepared in such a way that it can easily be grabbed by anyone without any trouble or issue in understanding. So follow this given template for business plan below and understand how to divide a business plan into smaller steps to write it efficiently.
- The summary of your business plan: A business plan summary is the presentation of your vision and ideas at a glance. It is just like a brief illustration of the entire summary of the business plan without missing any crucial element of it. The various financers start with the summary of the business plan while financing a business and then decide whether to explore it in depth of not. So if your business plan summary is not catchy you might lose a chance to manage a sponsor for your business.
- The existing and future opportunities in the market for business success: You must explore the kind of opportunities that you can have after exploring the market status for your products and services. The theory of demand and supply must be kept in mind while finding opportunities for your business. More consider both existing and future opportunities for your products while making a business plan.
- How you are going to make your business plan successful: The biggest part of writing a business plan is describing its successful execution which requires suitable partners and strategies at the manufacturing level to marketing level. So every point must be very much clear about the execution of your goals in the first level as well as at the final stage while dealing with the buyers in the market.
- The different resources you have to work with: You cannot complete a business plan without describing the present resources that you have to execute your business plan successfully. Your business plan should appear real and give an account about the financial resources, human resources and natural resources of the business in your plan for sure.
- Money related financial strategies of the business: The good business plan also includes the financial illustration of the business as well. For example, what would be the steps when financial crises meet the business and how the cost-cutting will be managed in the business? Managing profit and loss on the balance sheet along with influencing the financers are discussed in the financial strategies of a business plan.
Step by Step Guide for Writing a Business Plan
So far you are clear about the structure of the business plan very aptly now we will discuss every part of the plan individually in depth. Those who have a faint idea about writing these parts of a business plan can get the best idea about writing a good business plan here.
- How to summarize your business plan?: Writing a business plan summary will help the readers to understand your business from the day of its establishment to the present time and with future prospective. You have to be very much cunny to hide the negative points of your business in the summary which can drag away your financers. You cannot go on writing everything on a positive note about your business but then it should not be excessively negative as well. Always maintain a balance at this stage to win the will of your sponsors to finance your business. Following points should be included in a summary of the business plan;
- What are your business ideals and motif to achieve?
- What accomplishments you have achieved in the past for your business.
- The obstructions that are confronted to gain success in the business as a whole.
- How your efforts are fighting without ordeals to flourish your business.
- Role of the technology sector on your business success.
- Where do you see your business in the future?
- How our business rivals are affecting your business.
These are a few points that should be kept in mind while writing a business plan summary. The summary should be written after completing the entire business plan so that no contradiction of things takes place in the summary and rest of the business plan. Also, try to reduce the length of your summary and do not repeat the same points again and again about your business. You have to make sure that people are reading your business plan summary with interest and not getting bored with it.
- Opportunities of a business by looking towards the future
- Demand and supply of the product or services you have in the market: A good business plan always intervenes with good business opportunities by analyzing the future demand for a given product or service. For example, if you are running a shipping service business then you can analyze your opportunities in co-relation to the online business and shopping by the customers. One has to be very much good in research to sense his or her business opportunities in the near future in the market.
- Target consumer in the market: After finding these opportunities relevant plants should also be illustrated in the business plan to grab them successfully by defeating the competition in the market as well. You must have a fair idea about your consumers in the market and then set goals to lure them towards your services and products. The problems that are encountered
- Obstructions and solutions to avail your opportunities: An in-depth plan is also given to avail the opportunities related to your business in the market by putting behind your rivals. The problems that are dragging you back from using the opportunities should clearly be mentioned in the business plan. Apart from it the solutions to get rid of these obstructions are also given in the business plan as well.
- SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, TAM analysis, SOM analysis, and Consumer behavior analysis: For finding the best opportunities for a business in the market it is important to carry out meaningful research on the market as well. The techniques like PESTLE analysis, SWOT analysis, and consumer behavior analysis are best for this purpose. It gives a clear idea about the update of the market and how the consumers are changing their behavior for a product with time.
- How a good business plan can be made successful: Making a business plan for the given business is very easy but at the same time, it is also crucial to execute it properly to reap the benefits. For example, if you have manufactured a product with the best raw material but your customers have no idea about it, you will not get the best profit out of it. So a successful execution of the business plan in the market is very crucial to make it successful on real grounds. There are several areas that must be kept in mind while executing a business plan for your business.
- The requirement of the product in the market: You must get an idea about the demand of the product in the market with time to avoid extra manufacturing. The requirement of the market must be balanced to the manufacturing unit of the business to avoid loss. This should be included in the business plan that how to gain this success.
- The cost of the similar products set by other business rivals: The business plan must include the criteria to set the cost of the product that is being sold by the rival companies at a cheaper price. This is a very crucial point for a business plan that needs to be explained.
- The mediums by which you can reach your target buyers: There are multiple ways by which the customers can be approached like online sites, contacting wholesalers and retailer. A clear idea about it should also be there in a business plan.
- Online and traditional marketing: The way of marketing must also be there in the plan that which type of marketing will be used to advertise the services and products among buyers.
- various offers on your product: The rough idea about offers, bonus points, and regular customer’s benefits should also be illustrated in the execution part of the business plan for better success.
- Market value and brand name: The strategies to highlight and promote the brand name and market value of the product should also be explained in the plan. Branding is an important element and it cannot be skipped in the business plan.
- A company at a glance with its resources
- Different resources of the company: The natural resources of the company, human resources, and financial resources and their role must also be explained in the business plan. How the maximization of profit can be generated from human and natural resources should also be covered. The patent and copyrights that are associated with the company and their use to generate profit can also be included in the business plan.
- The reputation of the company in the market: The business plan must include the change in the reputation of the company that will take place after the successful implementation of a given plan.
- Chances of success in the business: The chance of the success in given business by following the given business plan should also be certified in it. The factors like remote or urban location of the company, clean image of the owner of the company and rights on natural resources must be elaborated in the business plan in relation to its success.
- Financial matters and strategies: The financial matters of a company like the profit it will generate with time after the successful implementation of the plan are also given in the business plan. The good business plan includes the strategies to manage finance and generate profit from the existing resources as well. The financial crises in business and tricks to deal with them are also a part of the financial plan of the professional business plan.
- Financial crises: The effect of financial crises and tips to deal with it are included in the business plan over the period for which a business plan is prepared. In-depth illustration to fight with the crises related to money matters are described in the plan.
- Profit and loss: The profit that should happen to the business firm form a given plan of business is clearly mentioned and tips to chase that profit as well. The counter tips for loss in the balance sheet are also illustrated in the business plan along with dealing the loss with time to reach the target of business in a specific time period.
- Finance management and cost-cutting: The ideas about the type of cost-cutting that should be done in case of financial issues are given in the business plan. A best professionally prepared business plan is like footprints that are followed to achieve success in the business.
What Should Be Avoided in a Good Business Plan?
- Never make it too long to read
- Try to be on point without circulating
- Work on authentic data
- Your goals should sound real
- Do not get over-ambitious while making a business plan
- Understand the minute market forces after doing research
- Always use interesting and persuading language in business plan
- A good business plan always is written on a professional note
- Keep your buyers and customers in mind
- Never forget to do research on your competitor’s plan
- Your business plan should be easy to understand for everyone
- Avoid using colloquial vocabulary
- Make your business plan more prompting
Need Help in Writing a Business Plan for College Assignments? Place Your Order on StudentsAssignmentHelp.com
If you are also a graduate pursuing a degree in business studies and need help in writing a business plan then professional helpers are always there for you. Students Assignment Help experts are offering business assignments help the graduates at a very low price. Just make an order online on the website of Students Assignment Help and get custom business assignments writing services on time. Various topics of business assignments apart from business plan writing are covered by the experienced helpers as well. For example, you can seek the best quality superior SWOT analysis assignment help, PESTLE analysis assignment help from the same website as well.