Conclusion Writing – What It Actually Means!
The conclusion is the final part of something or we can say the ending paragraph of an assignment for students. With the help of a conclusion, we present our thoughts about something whether it is true or false. It is the mirror reflection of the introduction of your paper.
Giving a conclusion is the most vital part of any assignment writing like essay, research paper, lab report, science, dissertation, thesis conclusion. By reading the concluding paragraph, there is a possibility that we can get an overall overview of the whole assignment. Writing a concluding paragraph can be a little tricky as it is difficult to find some fascinating and valuable facts to include in the conclusion. It is advisable to avoid clichés while writing an essay conclusion as it does help it at all.
Both the introduction and conclusion are often challenging to come up with but still, it is beneficial to invest time in such works. The introduction and conclusion part has a vast impact on the experience that the reader gets by reading your article.
Conclusions – What They Actually Do:
The introduction is the gateway to the path of reading the article and acquiring something knowledgeable from their daily routine. While the conclusion is the gateway to return back to their daily routine.
The conclusion is the place where the reader gets to know what is the importance of all the readings and information given by the writer with the help of their analysis, in their lives. They get to know how the whole reading matter in their life after getting back from your article.
The conclusion can be considered as the chance to give the final wordings to your area under discussion. It is the chance for you to provide the concluding word to the problem that you have raised with the help of your writing, arrange your thoughts, the significance of your presentation and give the readers a new direction, perspective or awareness towards the issue. It is important to conclude the paper in a positive note for propelling a fine impression towards readers.
What Conclusion Actually Have:
It is okay to write the assignment conclusion by going above the limitations of your assignment. The conclusion should be written in a manner that it gives a delighted feeling to the reader that they have read your article.
The conclusion should have the power to give something to the reader to help them to see things from a different perspective. It should have the power to grab the appreciation from the reader for the relevancy of the topic personally. It should be written in a manner to bring some positive changes in the reader’s life. It should act as the endowment for the reader. In a five-paragraph essay, the conclusion should be a little larger than the three-layer essay.
How To Make A Good Conclusion Paragraph
Now you might be thinking, how to conclude an essay. Then here is the answer to your question. A conclusion paragraph is something that leaves an impact on the reader. It is used to wrap up your whole assignment. It is the interpretation of your whole thesis and what you have done to prove it. It gives a sense that the assignment is about to complete and these are the final words for the whole work.
Always remember that the conclusion is written contradictory to introduction. The introduction is written from general to specific, whereas the conclusion is written from specific to general.
The conclusion paragraph consists of a summary of the whole information you have provided in the article. To write an effective or good conclusion paragraph, it is necessary to remember the main aspect of the topic and remember to include it in the final conclusion. If your introduction paragraph is interesting enough and you have done a lot for it, then you can do the same but using different words.
Tips To Write Effective & Appalling Paragraph Conclusion
- The introduction should be taken as a guide to writing a conclusion. You can also use the same sentence by changing the words to avoid copy-pasting. For example: in the introduction, you have written that there are 5 lectures in a day in your class. In conclusion, you can say that English, Hindi, maths, science, economics are the 5 lectures that are scheduled on a daily basis in your class.
- If you are writing a lengthy assignment paper, then the best way to write a good conclusion is to go through each paragraph sincerely. For example, if you are writing a paper about art and craft, then you have probably taken one art in each paragraph. In conclusion, you can mention each art discussed in the paragraphs again.
- Give your readers something for which they can think after finishing their reading too. Also, avail them of something that they desire to try after completing the reading.
It is always beneficial to build your conclusion by focusing on the summary of the prime idea of the topic. It will help you to bring fluency and smoothness in the paper and come up with a perfect paper.
Steps To Write A Good Conclusion Paragraph
- Always start your conclusion after revisiting your thesis to depict your verifying process: Depict the demonstration of the and what the reader has in it to take away. You can effectively show the main idea of your thesis and the evidence that you used for its support in the conclusion.
For example, in your thesis, you stated: “Providing the chance to the students to use the library during their spare time in the whole day can enhance their academic life and scores. Also, they will not use that time for any other irrelevant activities”. You can rearrange it in the conclusion as: “There is a proof that students who are allowed to access the library during their spare time are engaged in more reading activities and they do not waste that time in any other inappropriate activities”
- Give a summary for your argument in either 1 or 2 sentences: The writer should use these sentences to collect all the points or evidence that he or she have used in the thesis statement writing. Just simply putting your evidence doesn’t work, but you have to make collective sentences of the evidence in support of the thesis.
As an example: “According to data, students showed more achievements if they are allowed to use the library and read books during the course of the whole day. They are focused to use their spare time to do more and more research and reading new books and acquire knowledge. It proves that opening library for the students for 24*7 can add up to their life and academic achievements.”
- Give your article an end with a statement that makes the user think about it: Finish your article in such a way that the end should hold the reader after reading the concluding sentence of the paper.
Some of the techniques that can be used to make the reader think about your article:
- Generate the call to action for the reader: For example, an opening library for the students during lunch can add up to academic achievements, you can donate to this by adjoining with school administrators.
- Conclude the paper with a warning: For example, if the libraries are not get opened for the students during lunch then they can miss the priceless chance to gain knowledge that they will not find again.
- Evoke an image: For example, “The students will be more concerned about reading books in library and focused to sharpen the mind”
- Give a comparison to the topic with some universal facts by which the reader can relay: For example, as we know how nerve-racking is to write different types of assignments, so working on lunch to write the assignments can act as the stress killer for students.
- Give a prediction to the ideas that you have implemented: For example, “the students can only enhance their academic results if they sit and utilize their spare time in the library”.
- Finish your assignment by using a finishing quotation: Let’s see the example, “According to the saying of author Roald Dahl, ‘If you are going to get anywhere in life, you have to read a lot of books.'”
- Ask questions about the assignment to the instructor: There might be different instructions for the conclusion of various academic papers. Follow each and every instruction carefully and questions to the teacher in case of any doubt. The students can also ask for a sample conclusion written by another writer so that you get the idea about their expectation through it.
- Drafting of good conclusion: good conclusion put a very good impression on the reader.so we always try to make our conclusion very concise and summaries.
- Avoid the use of introductory phrases such as ‘in conclusion’: Starting conclusion this way can act as clichés and can repel the readers. There is no necessity of any specific words to start the conclusion. Still, if you wish to use the introductory phrase, you can use some strong phrases such as ‘’based on the evidence’’, ‘’ultimately’’ etc. you can also use words such as ‘while’, ‘although’ etc to give the starting to your first sentence. It is strictly advised to avoid words such as, ‘to conclude’, ‘in the closing’ etc.
- Structure the conclusion on the basis of introduction: Both the introduction and conclusion should be different but there might be certain common features in them. If you finish the introduction by using a thesis statement then the conclusion should begin by recalling that thesis statement. The conclusion is the place where you use the same ideas and concepts that were used in the introduction, that completes your assignment circle.
- Include all the important points instead of focusing at one: Focusing on only one persuasive point can lead to mistakes. So it is beneficial to use all your points and evidence in support of the argument to write the conclusion.
- Always remember not to add any extra information in the conclusion: It is very challenging to write an effective conclusion because of the fact that you can’t simply repeat anything. But the writer should also remember that he or she can not add any extra information at the conclusion. Read it again to get a confirmation that you have not added anything additional point or evidence. Every single point written in the conclusion should have already considered in the body or introduction of the academic paper.
If for some reason there is a need to add some facts that are important and is not discussed before, then go back through the paper and find someplace where you can put that information.
- Proofreading and revising is a very essential step to be done: Give a rest to yourself and keep yourself away from the reach of paper for some time. After relaxing well, go back to the paper and read again what you did in your writing. Check the paper for all types of errors such as typo errors, spelling mistakes, wrong interpretation of words and all other forms of errors. You can also use online free software for this purpose such as Turn tin, Grammarly, etc. Now sincerely check, is your paper reflecting the same sense what you want to put in the paper. If you find any part of the conclusion needs revision, it is worth investing in it to make it more sensible.
Conclusion Mainly Includes:
The conclusion acts as a wrap of the whole writing for the readers to take it home by them. Your starting sentence of the conclusion should depict the thesis statement of the paper. This gives the satisfaction that you have finally come up with what you wanted to. To avoid redundancy, do not just copy-paste the thesis statement.
Prepare a brand sentence with intense understanding. Always remember not to include new ideas and points in the conclusion. The concluding sentences should depict exactly what you have discussed in the body paragraph. If there is a need to include something new, do not forget to find a place in the paragraph to put that point.
The Art Of The Final Sentence:
The main idea behind each body paragraph should be taken in the conclusion. Collect all the main points of each paragraph and include it in the conclusion. The final sentence should be written in a manner to give a sense to the reader that the article is about to get the end.
The final sentence is your final words for the topic and it acts as a clincher. Here you have to present the significance of your points and evidence. It should lead the reader towards a new direction in terms of the topic. The conclusion should always be written in a positive note. It should have the power to give blissful feeling to the readers that they have read your paper.
For research paper conclusion tips or tips for conclusion for any other assignment, come and contact students assignment help.
What Strategies You Should Follow To Generate An Effective Conclusion:
- Give time to yourself and play a game named ‘so what’. While reading any sentence from the conclusion, ask on your own, ‘so what?’ or ‘what is there in the sentence that anyone should care for?’ ask questions to yourself and try to find answers for them.
- You should include the same theme what you have included in the introduction so that your paper completes a full circle. If you have started the introduction by taking a scenario, the same scenario should be included at the end of the conclusion with proof, by changing words. Use the keywords, images, and concepts that you have already used in the introductory paragraph.
- Give a brief summary by taking the main points from the entire document, but avoid just simply copy-pasting the sentences. Put all your points, evidence and examples together for generating an effective conclusion. Narrate a stimulating insight or citation that you found during your research for the topic.
Effective Conclusion Mainly Includes:
- A course of the issue
- The solution to the issue that you have raised
- Compelling questions for the readers to make them study further
Strategies That Do Not Work For An Effective Conclusion:
- Including any irrelevant or clichéd phrase at the starting of the conclusion.
- Putting phrases such as ‘in summary’, ‘as shown in the essay’, ‘in conclusion’, ‘in the closing’ etc., it makes the paper look awful.
- Giving the thesis statement here for the first time.
- Depicting new points or evidence here that never have discussed before.
- Appealing something emotional or sentimental that is out of the flow of the rest part of the paper.
- Putting evidence that should be included in the body paragraph of the article.
Four kinds of ineffective conclusion
- If you have restated the thesis but it is awfully short in length. Your words do not have the power to put your ideas forward. The writer writes this kind of conclusion when he or she is dealing with a shortage of ideas or thoughts.
- Introducing the thesis statement for the first time in the conclusion. With this writer might have the feeling to put the reader in suspense and give them wow factor by depicting the main theme of the topic at the end. This type of conclusion might be written when the writer doesn’t want to disclose everything at the starting of the paper. However, the reader’s expectation with the article is not any mystery but they want the analytical essay conclusion and discussion of the topic by considering academic style at the starting.
- Putting emotional statements to make it appealing that has never used before. Going in the reverse direction of the flow of the entire paper. Using sophisticated words instead of emotional sentences could fit the paper at best.
- This form of conclusion refers to including additional information that has never been put in any of the paragraphs of the article. Putting extra information at the end that does not have a connection with previous paragraphs can confuse the reader and put them in a dilemma.
The Typical And Necessary Ingredients For Writing A Conclusion:
According to Trzeciak and Mackay (1994) (Study skills for academic writing. New York: Prentice-Hall), there are varieties of ingredients that are useful to draw an effective conclusion. It is not hard and fast that you have to include all these ingredients, but if you take some of these is also enough.
- Summary prepared using the main points of the text.
- A deduction made by considering the man-body or paragraphs.
- Personal opinion of the writer on the facts that you have been discussed as a whole.
- A comment showing the restrictions of the writing.
- A statement considering what has been discussed as a whole that will be useful in the near future.
- The opportunities for further research in your work.
- Significant facts and figures not considered in the main body paragraphs.
According to Pallant (2009), there are five favorable ingredients of a conclusion and that are:
- A summary prepared by using all the main points of the topic.
- Final statements or words.
- Recommendations for further study
- Predictions for future
- Solutions to the issue
These form of recommendations are most probably applicable for discussion essays rather than on any other kind of assignments given to the students. As an instance, while writing a paper for:
- Business preparation
- Discussion of a law situation
- Answer a question in the exam.
There is not any need to include these ingredients unless you are asked to include them.
Further Advice For Writing A Conclusion:
- Not all the assignments you are writing need a full conclusion or discussion. Verify the expectations for the assignment paper that you are writing. Confirm with the professor or teacher in case of confusion.
- Even if there is not any need to write a full conclusion, still there might be a need for a rounded off final paragraph to give an end to your entire writing. This can help the reader to get the idea that you have to the final part of your writing.
- It is necessary to maintain balance in the assignment. And for this, the conclusion should be short and clear.
- If you are writing a discussion type assignment, then it is better to include questions and issues in the conclusion rather than giving a simple conclusion. Always make sure not to include any additional information in the conclusion.
- You don’t have to go for everything twice that is already included. It will make reading boring and stressful.
- Be assured that the conclusion is written based on all the important points that you have discussed in the paragraphs. It is awful to distract away from the path and write something that is not giving any relation to the topic.
- It is advised to include your opinion at the conclusion but does not make it kind of dominating. Always remember never to take a conclusion as a chance for the engagement of the readers in an over-generalized and aimless ‘rant’.
- Show awareness and vigilance with the tenses: Tenses that are to be used in the conclusion are present perfect followed by simple past.
- Always remember not to put the word conclusion in the part of the assignments other than the conclusion. It can give the wrong misinterpretation. Using the word conclusion many times can mislead the reader where the conclusion actually exists.
Outline Of Conclusion:
- Give a fresh look to your thesis statement written in the introduction paragraph.
- Give a brief summary by considering all the main points and evidence included in the paragraphs of the paper. Show how your ideas and thoughts are important for the reader.
- Make reference to your hook.
Select any of the strategies from the following:
- Go from general to specific
- Go from specific to general
- Conclude with a warning and consequences if the reader failed to act upon.
- Conclude with advice provide a probable solution for the issue.
- Depict the reader’s thinking or feeling after reading your article.
- Describe your actual thinking about the topic.
- Depict the lessons or truths that should be concluded from the entire paper.
Write an appealing closing sentence by using the final words. Your final words of the conclusion should connect back to the starting words of the introduction. It should give a sense of closure to the reader
Resolve All Your Queries In Just A Single Click!
I think, till here you have better understand the importance of conclusion in any academic assignment paper whether it is dissertation writing guide, essay writing guide, research paper writing guide or any other. But still, the students might find difficulties to arrange the conclusion properly. But it should not be an issue when the writer of students assignment help are always available for students to solve any of their issues related to crafting assignments given in their school or colleges.
We are glad to inform that our services and writers are available 24*7*365 for the sake of our beloved and respectable students. You are free to contact us by any mode of communication such as chat, call, etc. So always feel free to come to us in case of any confusion.