It is not easy for graduation or post-graduation students to persuade the readers. Persuasive essay writing has become one of the complicated tasks for the students as it is not only time-consuming but also requires salient features for completion.
Students can consider it as a challenging academic essay writing task when it comes to selecting an appropriate topic. If the theme chosen for writing a persuasive essay is outstanding, then it can attract the interest of the many readers, but if the issue is dull or old later, no one could pay attention to the article.
On the other hand, persuasive writing includes the usage of reasoning, which makes it stand out at the top among other college essay papers. The main motive of the college or university students must be to encourage the audience to get agree with their argument or should generally act in an offered way. For writing a perfect persuasive essay, students have to gain high research skills and in-depth knowledge about the writing content.
Usually, there are three features required for writing a unique and original essay are:-
- Proper evidence by doing thorough research to support the argument.
- Outstanding writing abilities to build up the reading interest among the audience.
- Logic and motivational content to inspire readers.
What is the persuasive essay writing task?
A persuasive essay is an academic paper that gets assigned to the students pursuing their higher educational degrees (HND) from the top colleges or universities across the world. The main aim of the paper assigned is to “make the readers understand a specific topic ” so that they can easily accept the same position as the student’s viewpoint.
It can be useful for college students to give logical reasons and evidence by stating facts using proper examples and some quoted. However, at first, the students need to select the appropriate topic for the persuasive essay. When the students choose the relevant text for essay writing, then they can continue the work correctly. Paper writing can also enhance the comprehensive and writing knowledge of school students.
Impressive structure for writing a persuasive essay
The writing task for a persuasive essay is mostly similar to the other academic essays but still is highly essential for the college students to make an effective outline before composing the essay paper.
A well-structured essay paper has three essential elements:-
- Introduction part
- Central body part (having at least three paragraphs)
- Conclusion part
The primary question asked by the college students is how to make a proper outline for the essay paper. However, the answer depends on whether the students are working on a simple essay paper, or it is about a research paper.
The following list of sections is necessary to get included in the persuasive essay paper:-
- Impressive title
- Understandable abstract
- Introduction paragraph
- Required results and discussion part
- Effective conclusion
How to write a useful hook for an essay?
Many college students want to write an impressive paragraph at the beginning of the essay so that the readers will read the entire article from cover to cover. If the students prepare an efficient essay paper, then the chances for getting high academic grades gets increased. It can be the best idea for the students if they involve a new sentence along with the informative content in their essay paper-like.
Here we showing you ideas by which you can write a good hook for an essay:-
- Essential facts
- Statistical thoughts
- Joke statements if required
- Rhetorical question
- Quotes or figures
- Bold statement
- Question or contradiction
- Few other literary devices
Including some of the reports from the list mentioned above is a successful way to attract the reader’s attention towards the essay paper. However, the students have to carefully add the statements in their essay-like writing a joke for the sensitive essay (ex. gender inequality, discrimination etc.) can be the worst decision for the students. On the other, asking a question about the problem can be beneficial at the sensitive situational topic.
What is the use of transitional words in the persuasive essay?
Transitional words also referred to as linking words which are highly used to connect the required sentences. Students of middle school or high school can use these words to connect the paragraphs of the persuasive essay. Some words are efficient and need high efficient to get used. Transitional words help the students to make their paper look more unique and advance for grabbing the attention of the readers.
why students should use transitional words, Explained by these three tips:–
- By inserting useful phrases or transitions, students can easily show the logic of their mentioned statements.
- The readers will not be able to understand or pick out the critical point from the essay if the students have not included the transition words.
- Each time the students are writing new paragraphs in the persuasive essay paper, they can start with few offered examples. It will help them in building a bridge between the different ideas.
The preferred format for persuasive essay writing
An excellent persuasive paper format is something that defines the paper plan prepared by college students. It helps in making the position of the students as writers reliable and stable. The most common and highly popular writing styles are APA, Chicago, MLA, and Turabian.
Students can prepare their essay papers based on the valid format for their history, literature, and other humanitarian classes. There is no need for involving the last versions of CME, ACS, or IEEE styles which get used to formatting the documents in technical disciplines and precise science.
The students can easily find examples of correct format from the relevant resources like internet, books, or magazines. It can be useful if the students give proper explanations and patterns along with the required instructions of each academic style.
However, not every writing style fit in every academic paper. Some types of essay writings require the use of specific techniques and structures, while some of the methods are flexible in choosing. Students can check online to know which of the style is appropriate for the essay paper.
Essential pre-writing steps of creating an effective persuasive essay
The students of high school or college can follow the step-by-step guide for creating an efficient and impressive persuasive essay. Some of the useful steps which can prepare the students to face the required challenge while dealing with the essay writing work are:
- Choose a definite position of the topic:- Sometimes, the students get assigned with the essay writing topic by their school or college teacher, but sometimes they have to select an appropriate item on their own. It is not enough to decide a specific persuasive essay topic; instead, they have to search that whether the issue selected is perfect for their essay or not. If the college students know the actual purpose of their article then can easily explain about the content.
- Define the proper interest of readers: When the students represent their essay paper in front of the audience, then it is essential to know whether the viewer agrees or not. By understanding the choice, language, and arguments required by the audience, students can easily prepare for the persuasive essay topic. It is beneficial to know if the audience in your support or not.
- Set the definite purpose: The purpose of any essay writing is to make the readers convince about the points mentioned in their essay paper. If the students know the aim and objective of the persuasive essay writing on a topic chosen by them, then they can effectively concentrate on their paper. It is necessary to know the worth of the theme selected for paper writing.
- Give proper time to research: Students can highly do primary or secondary research on the chosen topic for their paper. By conducting active research on the subject, students can adequately prepare their paper. New issues and fresh ideas can come in the minds of the students when they do an in-depth analysis of the particular persuasive essay topic.
- Check relevant, current, and up-to-date resources: Finding the source of information from the appropriate resources like internet or books can provide the students with perfect ideas for writing a persuasive essay. It is necessary to take up-date the notes and informative content from time to time for working on the essay papers.
- State most convincing evidence along with the argument: The students need to state suitable proof along with the discussion to make the readers convince about their writing. If the readers find supportive evidence in the essay written by the students, then they can support in favour of the students.
Whether it is about the students from the middle school or high school, every single student has to start their persuasive essay on a specific topic. It is essential to remain well-informed about the item selected and can easily add the required knowledge about the subject by researching thoroughly about it.
If the students have not yet selected an appropriate topic for their persuasive essay, then they can take help from the list written in middle school and controversial ideas:
Latest middle school persuasive essay topics
School is the place where the students start building up the new designs. By choosing the middle school as a topic for the persuasive essay, students can select an appropriate theme for attracting the reader’s attention.
There are some of the best ideas enlisted below based on middle school:
- How can silent prayers change the school environment? Is it worth to make a new start in middle schools?
- Should girls be given equal rights as boys for taking participate in sports?
- What is the reason behind making school uniform compulsory for every student?
- How can school seniors help their juniors for facing a tough academic situation in the schools?
- Is it worth to tolerate high discrimination in the schools?
- What is the impact of gender inequality on the psychological development of children?
- Can voting age become lower in a different nation? Is it a good idea?
- What are the reasons responsible for the immigration of people from different countries?
- How can free healthcare programs help students in living a healthy lifestyle?
- What causes obesity among young children?
- What is the role of parents in teaching their kids about basic ethics and behaving manners?
- What punishment should get implemented if children found driving below the legal age?
- How can music and art enhance the non-academic activities among the students?
Controversial topics for persuasive essay writing
There are some of the points which need to get enlightened. If the students choose some of the latest argumentative topics for their essay writing, then they can make the readers attentive for reading the entire paper thoroughly.
Some of the best themes based on the controversial issues are:
- Is there anything wrong about polygamy?
- Should discrimination based on caste and religion get abolished from society?
- How can domestic violence have an end from the community?
- What is the impact of reservation on the organization? Is it helping the students or spoiling their career?
- Is education has become a business in today’s society or the changes letting it to the modern system?
- Can specific weapons destroy the whole nation? How there use can be minimized?
- Should education become free for poor children? If not, then how can they get the motivation to get training?
- What can be the effects of being a single parent? Can they also give the proper moral education as required for the students?
How to write an impressive persuasive essay?
Students can take help of online sites and books to find the information required for writing a persuasive essay. By bringing fresh ideas and relevant sources, students can create an effective paper for making the readers interested in their content. Students have to start with the informative introduction paragraph, and then they can continue with the main content paragraphs.
- Effective paper structure to organize with: In the starting paragraph, students have to introduce their topic selected for the essay paper. It is essential to provide meaningful data about the background of the theme chosen to make the readers interested in the essay paper.
Stating the argument, along with the thesis statement, can make the readers understand about the topic. To grab the attention of the readers from the beginning part, students can start either along with the bold statement or some interesting facts.
If the students ask some of the critical questions in the starting part, then they have to give their answers in the statements. Instead, it can be useful to provide the solutions in the conclusion paragraph. For making an inspirational conclusion, it is essential first to write the effective introduction paragraph.
- Required thesis statement: A strong thesis statement is an effective way of writing a persuasive essay or speech. Before composing the introduction paragraph, it can be useful if the students first come up with the thesis statement. Students can choose a valid and robust argument which can easily defend their existing points.
It is essential to prepare a clear and concise explanation to make the readers curious about the essay paper. A good thesis statement expresses the opinion of the students and summarises the argument made by the students in their paper.
- Main body paragraph: When the students have completed their opening paragraph of the essay paper along with a clear thesis, then the next section is the body. Every reader wants to hear something new and fresh points from the essay written by the students. Providing supporting ideas in the content can make the readers interested in the paper.
It is essential to offer 2-5 arguments in every paragraph of the body part during each research procedure. Students can make the readers curious in the starting paragraph and then can explain the main points in the leading articles.
Students can easily add the evidence like in-text citations which can direct or indirect to prove that the ideas are written make a proper sense. If the students mention at least one argument which contradicts their main point, then it can make the readers more interested in the persuasive essay written by the students.
- Conclusion part: Generally, the conclusion part is the summary of all the points written by the students in their entire article. However, paraphrasing all the aspects and thesis which the students have mentioned in the complete essay paper can help them to make a proper conclusion.
Instead of merely copying the content from the informative essay, it can be beneficial to paraphrase every argument from the main body paragraphs. If the students have mentioned an action sentence in the ending of their composition, then it can make the readers go and explore more data on the content highlighted by the students.
The sample paper is written to help the students in creating an efficient persuasive essay
If the students check out the given example then they can easily prepare their persuasive essay.
Title: Toxic effects of high addiction towards smoking cigarettes:
Introduction: Inhaling of smoking is a very harmful habit that must get banned from society. It is one of the nasty habits having several harmful side-effects on the health of people. Though people know that smoking can cause yellow teeth, heart disease, bad breath, asthma, cancer, and many other harmful conditions, but still they never stop smoking.
Is it true that “smokers do not grow old because they die at a young age”? Why would anyone want to waste their hard-earned money for harming their precious life with cigarettes?
Smoking can be just referred to as a silent killer for people having its habit. Often I wonder that almost every person knows the hilarious effects of smoking but still they smoke and they not only harm their health but the health of other people surrounding them.
Smoking is the unusual practice of burning cigarettes to inhale the resulting smoke to get a taste. It is a common practice found over the entire globe. Today’s teenagers think that smoking is a popular adventure without considering the consequences behind it. They start adopting it as a new fashion by thinking that it is straightforward to smoke any time at any place.
However, it is challenging to stop the person if they get addicted to smoking. Recently, it has been researched that 87% of the lungs cancer deaths get caused because of tobacco like issues. Smoking gradually spoils the functioning of the organ systems, and slowly, it can stop the precious life due to which there is nothing wrong to say that smoking is a “silent killer”.
Smoking is not only harmful to the people having a habit of it, but it is also detrimental for others who are around that person. It is also an expensive thing on which people are spending thousands of dollars to buy cigarettes every year. However, it is must to include the cost of health bills also. People smoking for every single minute have to face life-threatening effects later in the future.
The family members of the smoked person have also to face the problems. Young children, friends, and all other family members get affected by the smoke given out by the armful cigarettes.
So yes, those people who do not smoke also suffer from the smoking effects. It takes practical efforts and very much hard work for getting the success in the life and smokers to destroy their entire life as well as the life of others in a minute by smoking cigarettes for every minute.
Tobacco smoking is a deadly addiction which is practised by over thousands of people across the whole world. Whenever someone lights up the cigarette, the smoke gets released from it and goes into the atmosphere, and then everyone can inhale it during the time of breathing. However, it has become the standard and challenging issue found in many of the public areas.
Tobacco products are generally made up of raw material, named ‘leaf tobacco’ which people chew, suck, snuff, or smoke. All such products contain the nicotine, which is a highly addictive psychoactive ingredient because of which people get addicted towards smoking. Tobacco is the ultimate reason for several harmful and chronic diseases, including cardiovascular and other lung diseases.
Anyhow, some developing countries are implementing strict rules against those who practice smoking in public areas. Initially, people start thinking it like fun and entertainment sources which let them begin smoking. Almost millions of people across the globe have the addiction of smoking either by seeing the advertisements or their colleagues.
Some people get so addicted to the tobacco that they start taking cigarettes like they are covering the requirements of drinking water. It is called as chain-smoking in which people start getting addicted towards smoking by seeing other people. However, passive-smoking refers to the mistakenly inhale of smoke when people sit beside a smoker.
The inhalation of environmental tobacco smoke or second-hand smoke is equally responsible for causing health-related problems. It occurs when smoke from tobacco get enters the environment, and people inhale it without thinking for a second. Today it has become the need for an hour to prohibit smoking from society.
Awareness, proper counselling, and efficient education towards smoking cigarettes and its side-effects can guide the students to quit smoking. It might decrease the risk of smoking teenagers and other people who have a high addiction to it. For instance and better effect, it can be useful if the social media sites start posting various ads against the use of cigarettes and guide adults to live a healthy and happy life.
Conclusion: Do you want to live a life having guilt for killing some innocent person through your cigarette’s smoke? Some people say that get addicted to smoking due to the nicotine; however, the best way to avoid horrible smoking is never to start it. People can also use suitable patches, pills, and the help of a doctor to quit the habit of smoking immediately.
So next time, if you think to light up the cigarettes or witness someone smoking remind yourself and to that person about the harmful effects of tobacco. Ask yourself that is it a worth to lose someone’s life because of the addiction to such a dangerous habit? Every people have to follow a motto “stop cigarette smoking and save precious lives”.
By taking help from the sample, as mentioned above paper, students of middle schools or high schools can easily prepare their persuasive essay on any topic. The necessary part of making the essay on any subject chosen is to follow the correct format and pattern. It is the primary duty of the students to first research on the topic and then knows the model for writing their essay work. After that, the students can continue to work on the persuasive essay.
Useful tips in writing the persuasive essay that helps the school or college students
A persuasive essay needs an exciting introduction along with the motivational message. If the students are capable of presenting the inspirational quotes about the right leader or a problem-solving matter along with the great visual content, then they can make the readers excited about their essay.
There are some of the tips which can help them to prepare excellently for their persuasive speech:
- It is best for the students if they avoid using the first person while making for the persuasive essay as it shows the poor writing style among the students.
- Choose only the current issues, and sources for writing the essay writing topic can make the readers attentive for knowing that what precisely the purpose of the written essay is.
- Instead of choosing someone’s subjective point, it is useful to include the facts in the content.
- Never forget to put citations in the persuasive essay and write about your description rather than using other’s words.
- Writing a persuasive essay is one of the best methods to eliminate the social fear for speaking on any topic or highlighting the social matter.
- Starting the content writing by keeping the audience in mind can be helpful for the students to focus on the main text of current issues.
- Choose online writing sources wisely because sometimes, the content provided on social sites is not entirely correct. Even single wrong information is enough to spoil the attention of the readers.
- After completing the entire essay, it is essential to make a recheck of the whole article. If any of the grammar mistake or vocabulary mistake is remaining in the theme, then the audience can lose their interest.
- If the students want to convince the audience or readers, then they have to use their best skills. The fact is that if the students want to make the readers curious with their essay, then they have to make them interested in their research paper.
- Writing and advance researching skills can help the students to make perfect persuasive essay paper.
- Though it is necessary to keep the content original always while writing a persuasive speech but sometimes using the unusual ways to show the information can also become beneficial for the students.
A perfect persuasive essay is the one which reflects the compelling personality of the students with an unusual perspective and unparalleled passion. If the students want to increase the efficiency of their essay paper, then they have to edit it properly. If any of the mistakes or errors remained in the content, then the professors of teachers will directly reject the essay paper.
However, there are many online writing services available for the students, which help them in preparing a persuasive essay before the final submission dates. Students Assignment Help is the best company which provides several academic writing services for high school or college students.