Visual Analysis Essay Outline Writing – Step By Step Guide
What is the visual analysis essay?
“As the name of the essay type speaks for itself visual analysis essays includes explanation of the visual features of an object, art piece to reach a conclusion. A critical analysis is made on the outer morphological appearance of the objects, monuments, paintings, etc. and then remarks are given on them.” The main objective of writing a visual analysis essay is to break the different elements which are projected by visual components of any subject.
Visual analysis essays are a common part of literature and history courses that are given to the graduates by professors. The purpose behind assigning these essays is to make students proficient in studying historical monuments or artwork like paintings etc. Writing a visual analysis essay always starts with preparing its outline. But those who write such essays for the first time then they should seek for visual analysis essay writing tips from proficient essay writers. By reading this article, you will be able to prepare the superior outline of your essay on history, English literature, and any other subject by reading these ideas of essay outline.
For example, while writing a visual analysis essay on an art painting it is important to understand the socio-economic situations of the time when it is prepared. Then you need to understand the glimpses of these situations in the painting through different ways of critical analysis. Likewise, we can also write the visual analysis essay on a monument by explaining its features and how they correspond to age. The critical analysis of the cinematography of certain Hollywood movies is also sometimes given for the visual analysis essay to college students.
How to write a visual analysis essay?
The six steps of Writing Visual analysis are:
Step 1: Describe the subject
Before beginning to write a visual analysis essay, it is very much essential for you to develop an understanding of the artwork. At the initial step of writing a visual essay, you need to closely analyze the mood, character, and features of a specific object. By closely analyzing the object you will be able to generate thoughts. You should note down all the thoughts. After noting down all the thoughts you need to now concentrate much on artwork. After analyzing the object, you should start writing a visual essay by describing the visual components of the topic. It is the tactics that will help you in providing the reader with an idea about what you are going to portray.
Step 2: Respond to the subject
It means drawing a reaction. At the time of writing the visual essay, you should describe your reaction when you look at a particular thing. For example, if you are writing a visual on Red Fort, then you should describe the feature of it. At the time of responding to the subject, you should answer to following questions such as: What was the purpose of the artist behind portraying Red fort?
Step 3: Closely analyze the artwork
You should provide information about the finer aspects of artwork like is background, color, composition, textures, etc. It is the tactic that will help you in filling missing gaps.
Step 4. Develop a thesis
After closely analyzing the artwork, you need to write a thesis statement for your visual essay. At the time of writing the thesis statement, you need to consider the purpose and subjects of the visual analysis essay. After writing the thesis statement, it is very much essential for you to ensure that the thesis statement which you wrote represents your main idea.
Step 5: Prepare an outline and write a visual analysis essay
After writing the thesis statement, you should begin writing an introduction for your visual analysis essay. It is very much essential for you to write a good introduction to a visual analysis essay. While writing the introduction section, you need to ensure that this is a specific section that will enable you to make the reader understand your intention of writing a visual analysis essay. Below is the outline of the visual analysis essay
The essay introduction of a visual analysis essay should educate the reader about the subject on which the essay is being written.
For example, if you are writing a picture analysis essay then the background of the picture must be clear to the readers. The artist who prepared the picture, what were the situations of society when the picture was prepared and the author’s main objective.
Also, you have to describe your stance in the essay writing that what you are going to make out of the given picture or painting for that matter. Writing to the short or too long introduction of a visual analysis essay is always harmful and that is why it should be in a balanced word count. The element of interest must not be missing from the essay introduction and the essay hook plays a significant role in it. You can also start an essay with popular quotations in the form of an essay hook for as it will help you in enhancing the quality of your essay.
(b) The main body of a visual analysis essay
You can create the outline of the main body by having a rough idea about the arguments of the essay. It can be done when you are sure about the points that are going to form a part of your essay.
For example, if you are writing your essay by analyzing the Gothic architecture of the ancient period of Europe then your main body should include the reasons for which this architecture is developed.
How the cause of feudalism leads to Gothic art and its effect on society. One can also look at the subject diversely by comparing the literary work. Then reasons about these arguments should also be prepared at a glance in the outline.
A conclusion consists of the main points from the thesis statement and main essay. Here the writer needs to set coordination between the that the thesis is justified through the essay.
Step 6: Organize your analysis
Students have several options that they can utilize for organizing their visual analysis essay. The selection of options for the organization of an essay is completely dependent on particular situations. Some of the options which you can use for organizing thoughts in a visual analysis essay are:
- Spatial: This structure of the visual essay follows the way the eyes follow the visual text.
- Elements: Each body paragraph in the visual essay mainly concentrates on an element of the text that is images and colors.
- Rhetorical appeals: You can categories the different section of an essay in three appeals these are
Example of how to write a visual analysis essay of a Political cartoon
The cartoonist is considered to be as people those who utilize visual for sending their messages. At the time of evaluating Political cartoon, you are required to assess the following points:
- You can utilize Symbols for demonstrating the main point. It is your responsibility to represents what the artist intends to convey.
- The writer is required to write an additional statement when they are mainly concentrating on specific characteristics of the object.
- You are also required to do labeling to make sure that all points are clearly stated.
- Writers can utilize an analogy for making a comparison between the complex issue to provide the public with a clear explanation about observations.
- You can utilize Irony for explaining the different aspects of the subject.
Once you have assessed all these points then you are required to determine the issue and opinions of cartoonists.
Free example of visual analysis essay outline for picture analysis essay to graduates
A sample of picture analysis essay on the Mona Lisa painting has been given by our experts. Professionals have prepared an outline of the essay by doing a lot of research on the topic.
There are paintings that are more beautiful than the painting of Mona Lisa prepared by Leonardo the Vinci. But as it is appreciated and owned by the royal kings it is catching the interest of every eye.
- Who prepared the Mona Lisa paintings and its patronization by the government?
- Reasons for which the Mona Lisa paintings become popular amongst the people and get the tag of one of the highly valuable paintings in the world.
- What glimpses do we get on studying Mona Lisa painting on a morphological level without knowing the idea behind its preparation?
- Main goals to analyze in the painting.
- What are the ways by which the painting will be subject for analysis on a critical basis?
- Types of colors that are used in the preparation of Mona Lisa painting and how they enhance its popularity?
- What other paintings of the age deserve more appreciations than the Mona Lisa?
- How the paintings describe the socio-economic state of the period along with the lifestyle of upper-class women in renaissance period?
- The glimpses of the renaissance period in which the cultural variety is seen among the people by analyzing the painting of Mona Lisa.
- impact on the popularity of the painting mentioned here when they are owned by the royal kind of France and others.
- Is the art behind creating the smile of Mona Lisa is unique to the paintings of Leonardo the Vince only?
- What role does symbolism play in the Mona Lisa’s painting like a smile, color of dress and eyes?
- Explanations why Mona Lisa becomes popular through the example of its eyes, smile, and combination of the dress.
- How others paintings of the contemporaries of Leonardo the Vinci were also beautiful like Mona Lisa?
- The shadow of royals on Mona Lisa which makes it an overrated painting of the period.
Get professional essay writing services for college essays from Students Assignment Help experts
It is not sufficient to prepare the outline of a visual analysis essay. Writing such essays needs good critical and analytical skills apart from the understanding of the topic. Newbie college students find it difficult to write such essays in the beginning. That is why college essay writing services are given by the experts of Students Assignment Help. At the same time, you can get your essays written within the deadline along with essay editing and proofreading help.
The online essay writing help is also given to the students in case they need it instantly in the form of emergency essay writing help. The proficient essay helpers are also able to help you out with the best custom essay writing help in English and all other subjects owing to a long experience in essay writing.