Things to be Included in the Main Body of the Essay
The things which you are required to include in the main body paragraph of essay are:
- Include your main idea: In the main body paragraph of the essay, you need to present your ideas. In addition to this, you are required to include detailed information about the topic. If there is any debate or argument on a specific subject then you can include the same in body paragraph. While presenting your main ideas in the main body paragraph of essay you need to consider the following:
- You are required to consider that the key ideas of the paragraph are like a label. You need to write the key ideas in the first few sentences, as it helps the reader in developing understanding about the content in the main body paragraph.
- Secondly, you need to first present the argument then need to provide strong evidence for supporting the same.
- Thirdly, you should first state the point clearly and they should provide the explanation for the same.
- Provide evidence: By providing the proof you can prove your main idea. Here, you should provide at least provide one evidence for each argumentative statement. Some of the evidence could be statistics or findings from studies, Quotations, descriptions of personal experience, etc.
- Analysis of evidence: In the main body of the paragraph, you should facilitate discussion on the evidence.
- Transition: It is considered to be an important element of the main body paragraph in the essay. It is the section in the main body paragraph that helps in moving smoothly from the last paragraph. The transition mainly emerges in topic sentence along with the main idea. Transition sentences help you in developing a strong connection between ideas. You should not end a paragraph in the main body with transition sentences. Instead, you should connect the main idea and transition fort creating the starting sentences for the main body paragraph.
Tips for writing the main body of the paragraph
Body paragraph is considered to be one of the important sections in the essay. It is the section in the essay which enables you to prove your thesis. The main body is the paragraph is an essay where you present your main ideas, arguments, and evidence for the same.
Here are a few tips which you can use for writing the main body paragraph of essay these are:
- Before writing the main body paragraph you should note all the important points that you want to include in the main body of the essay.
- While writing the main body paragraph in an essay you should include few arguments for each point.
- You need to make sure that the argument which you are presenting has the potential to convince the reader.
- Do not use more than five arguments in a single paragraph.
- You should provide detailed information about the issue or topics in the main body paragraph of the essay.
- While writing the main body paragraph of the essay you need to make sure that there is a smooth flow of transition between different paragraphs.
- You need to clearly distinguish clearly one paragraph from others.
- After completing the main body paragraph you need to revise it in order to make sure that it contains relevant and essential information.
- You also need to review each sentence in body paragraph as this will help you in confirming that your body paragraph does not contain similar things.
- In addition to this, by revising the body paragraph you should confirm that all the sentences are arranged in a logical manner.