Writing a good piece of a dissertation can be very similar to cooking a recipe. While writing a piece of work, it is not just important to have the right information, but you need to put it in the correct order, giving emphasis to the important things, bringing down the information in a suitable and following the required format. Getting the right information does not mean getting good grades. Just like the compilation of right ingredients does not make a good dish. You need to ensure the right order, proportion and the presentation to make it desirable to eat. Similarly writing an excellent dissertation requires some scholarly writing skills and not just information about the topic.
Your thesis should state the objectives of your investigation, illustrate your research methods, and present and discuss your results. This is attained using the structure below. However, your executive will provide direction regarding the layout, word count, and structure of your dissertation.
1. Research proposal- Only completes a research project if you have been asked to do so by your thesis supervisor. A research proposal involves a similar strategy to writing a full dissertation except for actually carrying out the research. It is a method of checking that your proposed dissertation is valid, rigorous and achievable in its objectives and research design. Pay close attention to the instructions that you have been given and work through the following sections.
2. Title- You should state:
(i) The title of the dissertation
(ii) Your full name and any educational qualification you may have
(iv) Date submitted
(v) Name of supervisor
Some scholars choose to explain the front page with graphics or pictures etc. Only do this if it is appropriate to the subject, as too much detail may undervalue the academic nature of your work.
3. Abstract- This is a summary of your thesis reduced into a short paragraph. You should put in a brief outline of the following:
(i) The problems that you have researched and why
(ii) Research methods were chosen and why
(iii) Your results
It does not matter that your results are evident from the beginning; it is rigor that you have applied in giving them that matters.
4. Acknowledgments- If anyone has assisted you during your research, you should acknowledge it. You will have received help from someone whether it was your colleagues, your lecturers or experts who may have sent you material or provided you interviews.
5. Introduction- Introduce the subject of your dissertation and describe your aims and objectives. You should demonstrate the significance and importance of what you are trying to prove, how you are going to explain it and what methods you will use in the process.
6. Literature review- You must significantly examine relevant past research. You must identify research topics in the literature or analyze papers according to alternative methodologies for comparison. A good literature review is thorough, critical and informative.
7. Methodology- Development and description of your research framework. This is where you specify the research methods, data collection, and data analysis techniques that you have taken and explain why these methods are appropriate for your research.
8. Results and discussion- You must describe, display, interpret and appraise your results. You must also identify shortcomings and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of your reported research.
9. Conclusion- This is where you combine all the elements of your argument to make available a convincing answer to the question you originally posted. You should be able to support your conclusion and show how the stages in your reasoning are connected.
10. Bibliography and references- Your thesis must consist a bibliography and a reference list according to the beliefs of your supervisor. Failing to cite your sources accurately could result in an allegation of plagiarism and the failure of your dissertation.
11. Appendices- This section should include examples of items you have used to gather evidence for your research, such as questionnaires, surveys, letters, statistical tables, etc.
Still, if students are facing problem in writing a thesis, then the dissertation assignment writers of StudentsAssignmentHelp.com are here to offer you the best dissertation writing help services. With a team of highly qualified, skilled and experienced academic writers, we form a great team specialized and diversified in the different field of study.