BCO114: Jim has Recently Opened a Dry Fruits Wholesale Company Dedicated to the Sale of Peanuts: Accounting 1 Assignment, Tawau, Canada
|University||Institut Prima Bestari (Tawau)|
|Subject||BCO114: Accounting 1|
Jim has recently opened a dry fruits wholesale company dedicated to the sale of peanuts, almonds, and pistachios.
During its first month of activity, the company has made the following transactions:
Besides these transactions, the company has had the following expenses:
Electricity bill: $350
Renting of equipment: $900
Rent of warehouse and office: $1.600
Jim’s accountant recommended that he should use the average cost method in order to determine the cost of the inventory sold but he is not sure about the consequences it may have on his financial situation.
Relying on your accounting knowledge, Jim asks you the following questions:
- Why is your opinion did Jim’s accountant recommend the average cost method and what difference is there with the three other methods? Explain the main characteristics of each method of valuation of the inventory and the consequences they may have on the valuation of the inventory and determination of the net income in case of price fluctuation. (20 points)
- Prepare an Income statement of the company at the end of February using as a method of valuation of the inventory the average cost method, FIFO, and LIFO for each one of the products sold by Jim, and calculate the balance of the inventory at the end of the month. Explain the calculations.
- In order to compare with the records made by his accountant, Jim asks you to prepare the different journal entries for the purchases and sales mentioned above for each one of the 3 different methods used above.
- Jim’s accountant insisted that he should use a perpetual inventory system instead of a periodic inventory system and the average cost method for valuating the inventory. Do you agree with this advice (justify your answer)? Would the balance of the inventory at the end of the month be the same? And the net income?
- Jim would like to know a forecast of the number of days to sell the inventory based on the results of the month of February. Explain your calculation and the steps followed.
- Jim expects that the prices of the merchandise will dramatically decrease in the next future as a result of the COVID 19 crisis. Which method of valuation of the inventory would you thus recommend to Jim? Explain your answer.
Get the ultimate and fast solution to accounting assignments from the professional Canadian homework helpers at Students Assignment Help. We provide affordable (BCO114) accounting 1 assignment writing and Report Writing Help Canada to Tawau scholars.