Consult the Index to the RSC 1985, under the topic “Human Rights”: Law Assignment, CC, Canada
|University||Centennial College (CC) Canada|
PART A: Print Research. Using the legal print resources posted to the SLATE Assignments folder, answer the following questions.
- Consult the Index to the RSC 1985, under the topic “Human Rights”. What chapter and what section would you go to if you wanted to get information about the powers and duties possessed by investigators who are investigating a complaint made by an employee against his/her employer?
- Review the Ontario case where the parties include Biscotti and the Ontario Securities Commission.
- What law report is it in?
- What volume is it in?
- Which court decided the matter?
- What series/edition is it in?
- What is the disposition of this matter? The disposition will appear in italics at the end of the decision.
- Identify the intervener
- Provide the full citation for this case citing it to this law report. When citing the case use the case name set out beside the words “Indexed as”. Citing to other or additional reports or databases is not acceptable and will result in a grade of 0 on this question.
- Consult the index to the Revised Regulations of Ontario.
- Identify the volume that contains the regulation concerning parking permits for disabled persons.
- What statute is that regulation passed pursuant to? You may provide only the name of the statute (a complete citation is not required).
PART B: On-line Research. Answer the questions below.
- Who is the MP for Hamilton East – Stoney Creek?
- Which political party does he belong to?
- Identify one of his current parliamentary roles.
- What is the fee for a frequent claimant to fix a trial date in Ontario Small Claims Court? Identify the source you used to locate this information.
Use Quicklaw to answer Questions 6 and 7 and CanLII to answer the remaining questions.
- Locate a 2020 decision of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice– Small Claims Court that discusses the restoration of a vehicle, punitive damages, quantum meruit, and negligent misrepresentation. Provide only the name of the case.
- Were punitive damages awarded in the case?
- What paragraph contains the disposition of the matter?
- Note up the case that you used for question 2. What was the decision on the application for leave to appeal and on what date was that decision made?
- Question number 1 required you to identify a chapter and section that dealt with the powers of investigators of human rights complaints. Locate the most recent version of that legislation. Go to the section that you identified in your response to question 1. Does that section still information about the powers and duties possessed by investigators who are investigating a complaint made by an employee against his/her employer?
- This legislation was amended several times in 2019. Provide the date of the most recent amendment (the date of assent of the amending bills).
- Consult the print version of Regulation 68 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario that has been posted to the Assignments folder.
- In the print version of the regulation, what is the fee for an application pursuant to subsection 4(1)?
- What is the current fee for an application pursuant to subsection 4(1)?
- Is it still free to change your name when you get married?
Improve your law assignment writing skills, with the help of our assignment writers who provide premium quality law assignment help to Centennial College students at a very low price. While taking law assignment help from us you will get 100% unique and attractive content that will catch your teachers’ attention.