CS241-15: Write a Technical Report About the Network layer and Data Link layer in the Open System Interconnection: Network and Operating systems Coursework, UOW, UK
|University||University of Warwick (UoW)|
|Subject||CS241-15:Network and Operating systems|
Write a technical report about the Network layer and Data Link layer in the Open System Interconnection (OSI) model, which should be the culmination of good literature search work carried out through using a good mix of sources: Book, journals, industry white papers, research outputs of organizations, web resources that have provenance, and textbooks.
It should describe the general technical content for the OSI model, especially present and explain technical in-depth looking at the issues about operations of Data Link (MAC and LLC) and Network Layers, etc. This technical report should not exceed 2000 words in length (excluding Cover page, Contents page, and References).
The report structure and quality will also be marked, based on the criteria of quality of communication/expression and overall structure – organization of material and quality of documentation.
A recommended report structure is shown below for your reference
- Cover Page: clear and concise- e.g. Task B: Technical Report, Module Code, Module Title, your name, and student ID number}
- Contents Page: shows the structure of report – section numbers, heading, and pages}
- Introduction: very brief description of aims (general) and objectives (what is done to achieve the aims to put report within the context/sets the scene for the reader (e.g. where does this development fit within the field)
- Body of report main part of the report: e.g. briefly describe the structure of the OSI model, especially on the technical issues of Data Link layer and Network layer concerned.
- Conclusions: a condensed version of the body; briefly gives key findings to reflect your understanding}
- References: (Bibliography) demonstration of your referencing skills
- Appendix: screen copies of your developed models and simulation result of Task A. Each screen copy should have a short description/title.