EEAC777: Write or Create Your Own Addiction Narrative: Under the Influence: Literature of Addiction Essay, SC, Canada
|University||Seneca College (SC) – Canada|
|Subject||EEAC777: Under the Influence: Literature of Addiction|
Question: Write or create your own addiction narrative.
You may select any style or manner you see fit, and you may choose any addictive substance. However, you must provide a rationale for explaining your creative decisions. This rationale must include your secondary source, and make reference to at least two primary texts.
How does your creative work entrench, build upon, or subvert the conventions of the literature of addiction that we have learned about in this class?
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
1. Explain the forms and aspects of addiction
2. Discuss the implications of addiction for individuals, families, and the community
3. Critically examine the portrayal of addiction from various perspectives
4. Discuss specific themes that are unique and inherent in this literary genre
5. Critically analyze the required readings in the context of their social and cultural impact
6. Research, plan and structure effective critical papers including accurate documentation of primary/secondary sources at the post-secondary level