Explain Consumer Surplus and Producer Surplus: Microeconomics Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Explain consumer surplus and producer surplus.
- Illustrate the effects on consumer surplus and producer surplus when the price is below the equilibrium price using suitable graphs.
Table 1 shows the quantity and price that form a monopolist’s demand curve.
|Total Revenue (TR)||Marginal Revenue|
- Based on Table 1, fill up the columns of Total Revenue (TR), Marginal Revenue (MR), Marginal Cost (MC), and Total Profit. (Prepare your answers in the form of a table).
- What is the value of fixed costs for this firm?
- Determine the level of output that maximises the monopolist’s total profit.
- Define Price–Consumption Curve (PCC) and Income-Consumption Curve (ICC).
- illustrate the curves that can be derived from PCC and ICC. Explain.
Assume price (P) = RM15, quantity (Q) = 12 units, average variable cost (AVC) = RM8 and average cost (AC) = RM10. This firm operates in perfectly competitive market.
- a) What is the formula for profit? b) Calculate total cost (TC).
- Calculate the total revenue (TR).
- Calculate the economic profit of the firm.
- Shade the area that represents the economic profit of the firm.
Our freelance assignment writers in Malaysia offer top-notch microeconomics assignment help services to university students. They are enough qualified to write any university assignments. They are familiar with all the concepts of microeconomics and also serve the best quality dissertation writing help.