Is Child Labour a Thing of the Past or a Very Real Global Plague: Ethics Coursework, TCD, Ireland
|University||Trinity College Dublin (TCD)|
Is child labour a thing of the past or a very real global plague? Discuss the ethical issues regarding the use of child labour. Illustrate your answer with two detailed examples.
Critically analyse ethical relativism when applied by managers to corporate decision making. Apply two detailed examples in your answer to illustrate your understanding of ethical relativism.
Critically evaluate if corporations have a moral obligation to include corporate social responsibility into their strategic planning process. Illustrate your answer with two relevant examples to support your view.
“Levi Strauss has a long and distinguished history of corporate citizenship, including our unwavering commitment to responsible business practices. Our values and a strong belief in “doing the right thing” are the foundation of our success. Corporate codes of ethics are published in order to communicate our values and beliefs to our stakeholders” (Levi Strauss, 2012).
Discuss the value of such codes to an organisation. Illustrate your answer with two examples of organisations that develop ethical codes of behaviour.
Question 5 (answer both a and b)
- In organisations, ethical behaviour can be viewed as a source of power, not weakness. Critically discuss how management can apply an ethical dimension to their decision making. Illustrate your understanding of this point of view with one relevant example.
- Discuss utilitarianism as a normative theory applied by managers to corporate decision making. Apply one detailed example in your answer to illustrate your understanding of the theory.
Question 6 (answer both a and b)
- According to John Elkington, the triple bottom line is a ‘Win-Win-Win’ strategy for sustainable development. Critically evaluate the triple bottom line and discuss two of the key barriers to its implementation.
- Evaluate Wayne Visser’s CSR 2.0 by discussing and analyzing the 5 principles he promotes.
Question 7 (answer both a and b)
Patagonia is leading the way when it comes to good labour policies. They received the second-highest rating in the 2017 Ethical Fashion Report, which looks at the payment of a living wage, transparency, and worker empowerment. Patagonia’s Supplier Code of Conduct was recognised as ground-breaking – they trace and audit almost all of their facilities, publicly list their suppliers, and ensure that any subcontracting adheres to code standards (Patagonia, 2018).
- Critically discuss the value of such codes of conduct to an organisation. Illustrate your answer with one example of an organisation that has implemented ethical codes of behaviour.
- With organisations operating in many countries, there may arise some ethical dilemmas when dealing with employees from different cultures. Discuss what companies may do to behave in an ethical manner in a host country. Illustrate your answer with one example.
Discuss egoism as a normative theory applied by managers to corporate decision making. Apply two detailed examples in your answer to illustrate your understanding of the theory.
There is growing alarm at the way communities in Asia and Africa are being pushed aside to make way for large Palm oil plantations, resulting in loss of wildlife. Many organisations, including the World Bank, the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organisation and Greenpeace have expressed deep concern at the resulting impoverishment of local communities and the growth of conflict(The Guardian, 2018).
Critically analyse the ethical debate surrounding the Palm Oil industry. Apply two ethical theories in your analysis.
Discuss, from an ethical perspective why some individuals may become ‘whistleblowers’. Include in your discussion two examples of organisational whistleblowing.
Our Dublin assignment writers will provide unique answers to ethics coursework questions. We can understand why many students are so much troubled when doing their homework in this field. For this reason, we always try to provide you the best coursework writing assistance so that you do not have to think twice about your task. We can understand that a business ethics assignment is not so easy for you to prepare in a very short time.