Problem Solution Essay – Outline & Writing Steps
Problem-solution essays are part of the assignments for students especially those who are pursuing management and business studies. By reading this article, you will be able to write an excellent essay.
- Meaning Of A Problem-Solution Essay
- 4 Elements Of Problem-Solving Essay
- Write A Proposal In A Problem-Solution Essay
- Outline Of A Problem-Solution essay
- Structure Of Problem Solution Essay
- Step By Step Guide For Writing Problem Solution Essay
- Find A Solution To The Problem
- Get Help In Writing A Problem-Solving Essay By Experts
Meaning Of A Problem-Solution Essay
A problem-solution essay is a type of essay that is written in the format of citing problems and then writing solutions for those problems. It is a step-by-step process of essay writing in which you are supposed to solve one or more problems related to the same topic closely. Problem solution essay is also considered to be an argumentative essay the purpose of which is to persuade an individual opinion. By writing such types of essays, the writer also intends to convince the reader for considering specific actions to be effective.
4 Elements Of Problem-Solving Essay
The 4 mandatory elements which you need to include while preparing an outline of the problem-solving essay are:
Situation: Introduce background information about the problem.
Problem: Provide detail of specific issues and the importance of it.
Solution: Answer the problem.
Evaluation: You need to provide an overview of ideas along with a call gore action.
Write A Proposal In A Problem-Solution Essay
The secret key for writing the best problem-solution essay is to write a proposal. Below are a few tips which you can use for writing the proposal these are:
- Prepare note everything you know about a specific issue. Before starting to write a problem solution essay, you can also perform research to gather detailed information about a particular issue.
- You can use some of the accumulated facts as evidence of the issue in question.
- After that, you need to develop an understanding of the different aspects of the problem. It is the tactic that will help you in demonstrating a clear picture of the consequences if a specific issue is not resolved quickly.
- Now, you can formulate a plan based on information gather through research. In the essay proposal, it is very much essential for you to clearly specify the methodology and source which you have utilized for gathering information.
- At last share, your proposal with the tutor, as this strategy will help you in ensuring that you are on the correct track.
Outline Of A Problem-Solution essay
Problem-solution essays are mostly short essays and can be written in 500 to 1000 words easily. But it is very much essential for you to develop an understanding of the structure and outline of an essay. A Problem-solution essay is basically a three-layered essay structure. In this type of structure, an essay is divided into the introduction, main body, and conclusion by the students. Every part of the essay has its own importance.
Block and chain are two methods that you can utilize for writing a problem-solution essay. Preparing an outline is the most crucial step for writing the best essay. It is an essay outline that helps you to concentrate on the topic throughout the writing process.
Outline of problem solution essay using block method:
I. Introduction and background
- Provide the background detail of the issues.
- Write a proposal
II. First, the second, and third issue
- Specify the issue and describe the same.
- Write about the significance of the problem.
III. Solution 1, 2 and 3
- Propose an answer to the solution.
IV. Evaluation and conclusion
- Provide an overview of stated ideas along with a call to action.
Chain method for preparing an outline of the essay
- Introduction and background
- First problem + solution
- Issue 2nd + solution
- 3rd issue+ solution
Structure Of Problem Solution Essay
The structure of the problem solution essay consists of three main elements these are:
- Write a true story about the issue.
- Share personal experience
- Specify why the issue needs to be resolved
- Provide statics and facts related to the issue
- Give a detailed explanation about the issue
- Write a history of the circumstance and explain how the specific issue has evolved.
- Give an example of an issue
After completion of the introduction, you need to write a thesis statement. After that, you can provide your idea or solution.
Tips: here are few tips you need to follow
Specify solution in a single sentence
You should write a thesis statement after describing the issue.
You should check the effectiveness of the solution before writing the thesis statement.
Main body paragraph
There should be at least 3 main body paragraphs in problem-solution essays. The information which you need to include in the main body paragraph is:
- A clear explanation of solutions.
- Specify how a specific solution will help in resolving specific issues.
- Provide evidence proving the effectiveness of the solution.
- Include arguments related to solutions.
Tip: You for writing convincing argument are requiring considering objections at the time of preparation of plan.
Here, by writing short but strong sentences you need to convince the reader that the solution which you have proposed is effective. Here, you need to include the following:
- Inform the reader about what should happen
- Provide detail about the way the situation will change after the implementation of the proposed solution.
- Share real-life example
- Provide sources of facts.
Step By Step Guide For Writing Problem Solution Essay
The 5 steps which you need to follow for writing problem -solution essay are:
Step 1: Address and explain the issue. At this step, you need to use proper language. At the same time, you can give examples for providing readers ease in developing an understanding of the issue.
Step 2: Execute research for identifying the main cause of the issue. In the main body paragraph of the problem solution essay, you need to clearly state how a specific issue has taken place in society.
Step 3: It is a step of writing a problem solution essay, where you need to clearly demonstrate the significance of the issue. Here, you should clearly write about the consequences of the problem.
Step 4: At this step, you need to show a clear picture of the consequences of issues if people in society fail to resolve the issue.
Step 5: Here, you need to write the possible outcome of the issue. It is a part that will act as a call to action.
Find A Solution To The Problem
Before proposing a solution to the problem, you require to demonstrate research on the specific problems by offering a few solutions which are design by scholars. After that, you need to analyze whether the solutions proposed are effective. Here, you need to propose a solution to the issue which has been highlighted in earlier parts of the essay. You can work on a solution and categorize them into 3 easy steps:
- Offer a plan of action: You should provide a simple and detailed solution to the issue. At the time of proposing a solution, you should consider potential criticism of the solution and address it in the same chapter.
- Support solution with examples: It is very much essential for you to provide strong background information on new solutions. Then, your solution seems feasible to the public.
- Provide a call to action: In this section, you need to simply offer a conclusion to the solution, be proactive. At the time of providing a call to action, you should be proactive. You should positively influence the audience to take action. In case the problem which you have described is real and you are required to provide a genuine solution.
Get Help In Writing A Problem-Solving Essay By Experts
From the above guidelines, you might be clear about the problem-solving essay. We have tried to be as clear as possible and hope that this would help you in writing a problem solution essay. But if you are not confident about writing an essay then you can take help from professionals of student assignment help. You can avail of the plagiarism-free and original copy of the assignment at reasonable costs.