Internet Boon or Bane Essay Example
Essay Sample On Internet Boon or Bane
The internet is serving human being with both its positive and negative consequences but the positive aspects of the internet surpass the negative ones.
The invention of the internet has given a new dimension to human life by making their life easy and luxurious. The massive boom on the internet and its easy accessibility to the people of every class in the past couple of decades is commendable. Nowadays, one does not require traveling miles from remote areas to visiting libraries, buying books, and so on with the help of the internet.
At the same time, some drawbacks are fading out the shine of the internet like security issues and the cyber crimes rate that is increasing every day. Here we will analyze the topic that whether the internet is really a boon for human society if it is serving as a bane. We will try to analyze the things by comparing both positive and negative aspects of the internet here to conclude.
How the internet is a boon for human society?
Here are some reasons for which we can consider internet invention as best for a human being in every way. These examples explain how the internet is a boon for society in every way.
- Reduction in man labor: The computer is reducing the workload many times by completing the tasks within a few hours which earlier used to take months. Thus the reduction in man labor can be seen with the coming of the internet.
- Good learning facilities with a wide array of alternatives: The e-learning facilities through various online courses are helping to bridge the gulf of rich and poor rights for education. Nowadays people can easily learn a subject or even a language by taking the help of the internet.
- Can collect information within seconds: If someone wants information on a given topic then earlier it used to take many days to find out that information. But with the coming of the internet, this is now very easy to have access to all types of information within seconds.
- Enhanced entertainment sources: The coming of the internet has also brought enhanced entertainment alternatives like online video games and music streaming. This was not possible earlier for the people to have access to entertainment sources of their choice.
- Better communication medium: The communication mediums are also getting improved with the help of the internet these days. Also, it is getting cheaper every day with the internet to send a message or make a video call to near and dear.
- A boon for education and business development in remote areas: The business of all types can be run by online business websites thus the space constraints and area issues are also being tackled easily with the help of the internet. At the same time, education opportunities can also be created in villages with the help of the internet.
Can we see the invention of the internet as a bane for us?
Here are some drawbacks of taboos that are associated with the internet by people as well. According to these drawbacks, the internet is also a bane for society and do not comes with positive effect only.
- Online data loss and ransomware attack: Data loss and ransomware attacks are increasing across the world due to poor security to the users. This leads to a lot of loss for businessmen when their tender gets stolen by the rivals as so on.
- Boost terrorist networking: The internet is acting as a major facilitator of terrorist activities as terrorists find it easy to communicate with each other through social sites through the internet.
- Cause health-related issues like mutations: Harmful rays are coming from various internet satellites installed near residential areas. As a result of cancer, a mutation can occur in the person causing long ailments which could prove fatal as well.
- The threat to employment and human labor: The internet has made our life easy and simple but at the same time when technology will be working on human works, job opportunities are going to decline for sure.
Conclusion – Pros & Cons Of Internet
After a huge discussion, we can come to a point that the internet is neither completely boon nor it is a bane. Both of them go hand in hand and like any other thing they have comprises of their benefits and drawbacks. But raising your voice against the use of the internet at this point when we are used to it is quite impossible.
That is why we can say that it is crucial to accept the harmful effects of the internet in our life along with the positivism that it has brought to our life. Today people from remote villages and hamlets are striving for an internet connection in their area and that is because of its significance in their life.
If someone is getting so much positive influence of the internet in his life then it is quietly acceptable to bear the negative thing associated with it as well.