Global Warming Essay Sample
Global warming is a serious issue that has been going on for years now. It is not just an environmental problem, but it also affects the economy and our global society as well. In this sample, you will be able to read about how America’s carbon emissions have increased over the past few decades and what we can do about it.
Essay Sample On Global Warming
Thesis Statement – Global Warming Essay
Global warming is the result of human activity that has increased greenhouse gases in the earth’s atmosphere.
Introduction – Global Warming Essay
There is a consensus among most scientists that global warming is a result of human activity. The three main activities that contribute to global warming are deforestation, energy use, and the burning of fossil fuels such as coal and petroleum.
Main Body – Global Warming Essay
Global warming has become a huge environmental issue; therefore it has become indispensable to increase awareness and knowledge about it among the general public all over the world. Global warming can be referred to as climate change that causes an increase in the average temperature. However, global warming is caused by natural events and human that is believed to contribute to increases in average temperature.
Causes of global warming
Global warming is a severe issue and is not a single issue but many environmental issues. Global warming is an increase in the surface temperature of the earth that has transformed various life forms on the earth. The problems that cause global warming are divided into two categories include natural and human influences of global warming.
Natural causes of global warming
- The natural rotation of the sun- For centuries the climate has been continuously changing. Global warming occurs due to the natural rotation of the sun that turns the power of sunlight and moving nearer to the earth.
- Greenhouse gases- Another reason for global warming is greenhouse gases. Carbon monoxide and sulfur dioxide are the greenhouse gases that trap the solar heat rays and prevents them from emerging from the surface of the earth. This has caused the temperature of the earth to rise.
- Volcanic eruption- Volcanic eruptions is one of another issue that causes global warming. For example, a single volcanic eruption will release an enormous amount of carbon dioxide and ash into the atmosphere. Once carbon dioxide rises, the temperature of the earth increase, and the greenhouse trap the solar radiation in the earth.
- Methane- Methane is also a greenhouse gas which is another issue that causes global warming. Methane is more effective in trapping heat in the atmosphere than carbon dioxide by 20 times.
Human impacts on global warming
It is a fact that humans do not take care of the earth; therefore, human influence has been a severe issue now. A human that causes global warming is more dangerous than natural causes of global warming. Human activities that cause global warming include industrial production, burning fossil fuel, mining, cattle rearing, or deforestation.
- Industrial revolution- To run their power machines, industries have been using fossil fuels. Everything that we use is involved in fossil fuels. Besides industries, transportations such as cars and other vehicles are also releasing carbon dioxide from the exhaust.
- Mining- The methane gas will get trap below the earth during the process of mining. Besides, rearing cattle will also cause methane because the cattle released the form of manure. However, cattle is essential because it makes the latter equally responsible for the occurrence of global warming.
- Deforestation- For ages humans have been cutting down trees to produce wood, paper, build houses, or more. If human beings continue deforestation, carbon dioxide will concentrate in the atmosphere because trees can take in carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
The effects of global warming
The greenhouse gases will remain in the environment for many years since hundreds of years ago. However, the impact that global warming will cause on earth is severe. If global warming continues to happen as these many effects will occur in the future. That includes melting of polar ice caps, economic consequences, warmer waters and more hurricanes or disasters, the spread of diseases, and earthquakes.
- Melting of polar ice caps- The ice at the north pole will melt as the temperature increases. The first outcome of ice melt will increase in sea level because the melting glaciers become oceans. It strikes many low-lying areas such as the Netherlands.
- Natural disasters- More natural disasters will occur and once a disaster happens many people have died, and diseases happen. Diseases are more critical since they can spread to other people very fast and more people will get prone to diseases.
- Loss of habitats of species- Due to climate change species like polar bears and tropical frogs will be extinct. In other cases, various birds will emigrate to other areas because creatures are not like humans. They cannot adjust the habitat that changes their living or temperature.
Solutions to stop global warming
Now there are various solutions available by which we can stop global warming. However to achieve the global warming solutions we human and the government needs to move forward in the same direction. To reduce global warming, we can minimize the contribution of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere. Therefore, the solutions that can cut down global warming are reducing gasoline, electricity, and our activities that cause global warming.
- Stop burning dry leaves and garbage- If you are burning waste like tires or plastic, it will release carbon dioxide and deadly gases. Growing more and more trees will help to improve the temperature on earth.
- Reduction in gasoline- Choose a hybrid car that reduces using gasoline. You can also take public transport or carpool to work. It can help reduce carbon dioxide and also save costs.
- Recycle- Recycle can reduce garbage by reusing plastic bags, bottles, glass, or papers. We can use our containers while buying food instead of plastic bags. Turn off the electricity when not in use. Buy energy-saving products as it saves cost and the environment.
Conclusion – Global Warming Essay
Global warming is occurring at an advanced rate not just because of human activity but also due to deforestation, energy use, and the burning of fossil fuels.