Domestic Violence Essay Sample
Domestic violence is a serious problem in the United States that needs to be taken seriously. We will provide an essay sample on domestic abuse and offer some ideas for how to help people who are being abused. In order to combat this epidemic, we need to get educated about it and speak out against it when we see it happening.
Essay Sample On Domestic Violence
Thesis Statement – Domestic Violence Essay
Domestic Violence snatches the freedom and right of living a cheerful life from Women.
Introduction – Domestic Violence Essay
Domestic violence has become one of the biggest issues in the past couple of decades. More and more crimes against women in the family structure are coming to light. A woman is tortured in the family in multiple aspects. Sometimes this torture is related to mental torture, others time it could be considered as physical financial torture is also there. A man or his family suppose a woman is a commodity in different forms. For instance, a girl does not have the freedom to choose her life partner in some primitive societies.
Similarly, she cannot take her decision without her husband’s permission. This violence against women proceeds to even a level where she loses the right to decide when to reproduce. Apart from it, the sexual orientation of women is also suppressed in society especially in developing countries. If a woman is interested to marry within the same sex, she becomes anti-social.
Main Body – Domestic Violence Essay
Here we are going to discuss the major issues that are associated with domestic violence against women. This will help you to understand the depth of problems that women are facing across the globe.
Reasons behind Domestic Violence
There are multiple reasons behind domestic violence that women go through throughout their life. Here are some important points that spread light on the reasons behind domestic violence against women.
- Hegemonic Nature of Men – The society set up allows men to behave in a hegemonic way with women. Most developed countries like America gave voting rights to women much later in their democracy. As a consequence of which most of the men keep on pulling this tradition even today. There are many developing countries where men are still behaving toward women in a hegemonic way. This is a dangerous form of domestic violence that snatches the identity of women from them.
- Financial Dependence of Women on Male Counterpart – Still many countries are not in favor to give education and financial independence to women. As a result of which women have to survive on the money of their husbands. This financial dependence on the male counterpart makes them weak in front of the husband. To sustain their financial needs, they have to bear the hegemony of their husbands.
- Society and its Customs – Backward societies of the world treat women as inferior to men. These societies claim that women should accompany their husbands in every situation. More even they are being tortured mentally physically and financially, voices against the husband must not be raised. Such societies facilitate the process of domestic violence against women.
How to Get Rid of the Issue Domestic Violence
Domestic violence is a major problem and must be eradicated from the societies of this world. There must be some strategies to vanish this issue from the world. Here are some techniques are written below that can help to establish equality among men and women in society. But it is very important to include these techniques or suggestions in society before expecting results from them.
- Strict Rules against the Criminals of Domestic Violence – There must be drafting of certain rules against the people who get involved in beating up their wives to hell. Stern rules and their proper implementation in society can better save women from the base phase and vicious cycle of domestic violence. Only then they can live with free will. The government of the different nations must pass some rules for the welfare of women. More international organizations on women’s rights also take some action on such important issues.
- Removal of the Traditions which Facilitate Domestic Violence – There are many traditions and customs which support domestic violence against women. These traditions are like restrictions on the education of women. When women will have a secure society to live in which understand their rights and needs, it would be justice to women. There is still a long way to walk in this journey to get women empowered in all the societies of the world. It could be possible when all the men and women will understand the need for women’s empowerment.
- Financial Independence and Education of Women – When women will be independent financially by securing a good job for them, the purpose of women’s education will get a destination. Although making women financially independent is not the only purpose behind their education, but still it would be a huge achievement of their financial independence. It will help them to take their important decision without any restriction.
Conclusion – Domestic Violence Essay
Women should get equal rights to that men. Both sex and gender must be looked upon by society with equal status. No matter whether a woman is earning or not, she has the equal right to freedom as men. This right could be provided to the women by helping them to override the issue of domestic violence.